• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes e55 AMG

north-star

Car
2003 E55 AMG Saloon and a 2002 C32 AMG Estate
Anyone on here have a diy guide for fitting a johnsons ic pump, the garage i'm using are saying the hoses don't fit onto it and he cannot install this properly?

Surely a straight forward swap for the oem one no?

Do i need to get a set of smaller hoses or is there something he's missing, i always thought these were a straight swap, it was on my C32 AMG

Last edited:
Not got as in not bought or the Bosch pump is not on your car?

Wont go on as in , pipes are wrong size,pipes are wrong position, electrical connection is wrong? mounting is not compatible?

Not got as in not bought or the Bosch pump is not on your car?

Wont go on as in , pipes are wrong size,pipes are wrong position, electrical connection is wrong? mounting is not compatible?

Garage have said the Johnsons cm30 pump is not a straight swap for the OEM Pump, bits to fit onto, hoses are too large and wiring is different and it won't just plug in.

Then buy the correct pump? If they cant sort it from under the car looking at the problem then we have no chance. Its the wrong pump.

OEM and Johnson pump are different sizes, its not a straight swap.

Did your Johnson one not come with the bracket? Ive have a Johnson pump on mine and i used the new bracket provided

OEM and Johnson pump are different sizes, its not a straight swap.

Did your Johnson one not come with the bracket? Ive have a Johnson pump on mine and i used the new bracket provided
I'll have a look when i get my car back from the fabricators doing my exhaust work.

Then i summise the pump is not the same as the outgoing pump

1. The outgoing pump is not original to the car- existing infrastructure has been changed
2.The new pump supplied is wrong- picked wrong-in wrong box-supplied wrong

solutions.

1. Get same pump as outgoing
2.Change infrastructure to match pump purchased.

Really think you need to change your garage! if you have the correct Johnsons pump it should fit the hoses fine, the plug is different so wires may need to be joined up. keep the plug in case you install a Bosch 010 pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom