Mercedes me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just keep them on a tight reign over anything they find on service. The general philosophy is 'if its less then 100% fit new'...

Also I believe the Mobilo service has now been sub contracted out to the RAC and the quality of service has suffered now its no longer MB themselves. You may be better with AA/RAC/Green Flag and a good local Indie.
It wasn’t Mercedes before, it was operated by Mondial and whilst they had a small fleet of Mercedes-branded vehicles (for a long time accounting for the majority of the R-Classes registered) many of the calls outs were attended by independent garages like Green Flag.

I'm planning on using my local independent ( just had underseal & seized suspension sensors sorted for £123 - jobs a good 'un) and on AA, so may well stay with them...

From around mid-2013 MB started fitting cars with the 'Mercedes me' feature, which uses a built-in KOM Module to allow the car to connect to the Internet (via a built-in Vodafone data-only simcard).

'Mercedes me' comes with a range of services that require paid renewal.

For older cars, however, MB reased the confusingly-named 'Mercedes me Adapter', which is a simple OBDII dongle that can connect to your phone via Bluetooth.

The 'Mercedes me Adapter' is currently handed-out for free, and has no services related to it so there are no running costs associated with it.

The 'Mercedes me Adapter' will connect to your car only when the driver's mobile phone is in the car and the engine is running, so no communication with the phone is available when the driver is away from the car.

(The 'find my car' feature will show the location where the car was last parked, but this is not necessarily the car's current location - e.g., if another driver moved it since - it's not a realtime tracker).

When in the car, communication will work, though keep in mind that it is one way, i.e. the 'Mercedes me Adapter' will display information on your phone, but you cannot send any commands to the car.

It keeps a log of your journeys and refueling stops, which is handy. It also has a 'cockpit' view which I find useful.

It will store the data on your phone, so you can (for example) check the fuel level, or the mileage, or when the next service is due, at any time and from the comfort of your home, i.e. there's no need to be physically in the car when viewing stored data.

With regards fault codes... the 'Mercedes me Adapter' is not a fault code reader. It will not alert the driver if faults existed and will obviously not read the actual codes. What it will do, is let you know when the EML is on, but that's about it (and you'll see the EML on the dash anyway).

With regards the negatives.... it obviously sends information to MB, and yes you will get a call from MB when your next service is due asking if you would like to arrange a booking.

Obviously no one actually reads the pages upon pages of MB's privacy policy that we agree to, so heaven knows what data they are collecting. Personally, I think that if you use a mobile phone, have a PC at home, and use bank cards (not to mention Gmail, Alexa, Netflix, Sky, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc etc) you have long given-up on anonymity and the 'Mercedes me Adapter' will make little difference... but others may disagree.

Other features include calling Mobilo, and SOS calls, though I never had the need to try these.

I do like it and I do use it. I call it 'a useless gimmick that no Mercedes enthusiast can do without'.
I too have had the Me Adapter fitted Free during service at Waterhouse Chelmsford (MERCEDES Approved Repairer)
Mark jay. Has written an excellent review of the Me Adapter. I use the trip logging function to help claim
Business miles.
The where and when parked function is also useful. If it broke I would pay £40 for a new one!

Reactions: LXA
I too have had the Me Adapter fitted Free during service at Waterhouse Chelmsford (MERCEDES Approved Repairer)
Mark jay. Has written an excellent review of the Me Adapter. I use the trip logging function to help claim
Business miles.
The where and when parked function is also useful. If it broke I would pay £40 for a new one!
Excellent. Can you point me in the direction of Mark Jays review please - am very interested.
I'm not getting location details - it asks me to fill it in manually, so as it's not actually anything I can find a use for at the moment I don't bother - maybe there's a setting I haven't spotted?
Also, when it was being demo'd to me I'm sure the person showed me a map with local parking and costs AND petrol stations and costs. All I can find now when I pull it up is the parking and not the petrol stations. I would find petrol stations really useful being in a sub-20mpg vehicle with a HUGE tank and a hole in it (apparently :D )

Excellent. Can you point me in the direction of Mark Jays review please - am very interested.
I'm not getting location details - it asks me to fill it in manually, so as it's not actually anything I can find a use for at the moment I don't bother - maybe there's a setting I haven't spotted?
Also, when it was being demo'd to me I'm sure the person showed me a map with local parking and costs AND petrol stations and costs. All I can find now when I pull it up is the parking and not the petrol stations. I would find petrol stations really useful being in a sub-20mpg vehicle with a HUGE tank and a hole in it (apparently :D )
Hi LXA, the Markjay review is attached to my post reply.
I think the app allows you to fill in price of fuel.
It certainly logs the fuel stop and approximately how much fuel.

Hi LXA, the Markjay review is attached to my post reply.
I think the app allows you to fill in price of fuel.
It certainly logs the fuel stop and approximately how much fuel.
Ah yes, hadn't spotted it, thanks (it was early and I was just doing something to pass the time til I could get back to sleep again :D )
yup, it has a go at the fuel but I fill in actuals (amount/ppl) so I've got accurate costs but as I say I thought she'd bought up a screen that showed all petrol stations in the area and prices being charged which I thought'd be useful but possibly not....

Ah yes, hadn't spotted it, thanks (it was early and I was just doing something to pass the time til I could get back to sleep again :D )
yup, it has a go at the fuel but I fill in actuals (amount/ppl) so I've got accurate costs but as I say I thought she'd bought up a screen that showed all petrol stations in the area and prices being charged which I thought'd be useful but possibly not....
Perhaps that's a feature that has to be subscribed to.

Reactions: LXA
Perhaps that's a feature that has to be subscribed to.

I found it!! - it's in the filters, same screen as the parking(upward arrow, bottom line, home screen). The options for fuel range from Super to Natural Gas. The default setting was Regular which displayed no petrol stations. I tried Diesel and they all suddenly appeared. I've now got it set to Super Plus, which I'm guessing is unleaded as that show's them all too and I've got a petrol Merc. - happy now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom