• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Milltek: Before/After

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Hi Guys, as previously mentioned, I am just going for a secondary de-cat Milltek System. Well today is the day !! I am booked for 1.00pm today.
I will of course get back to you all with my verdict, maybe tomorrow or so, once I have done a few miles......:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Should have just gone for gutting them out properly. May have problems with mot's in future with the miltek.

Ok back home . Phew ! Amazing ! Basically at low revs there is no difference at all to oem . Once the needle hits 3k , it just starts to sound like a proper n/a V8 ! Wow . ! Megga impressed for the little money it costs ! Spoke to the techies there , and there is no issue with MOT ' s . Win win !!

I was going to go the miltek route myself but ended up gutting the standard cats. We run a garage so have acces to ramps etc so done it myself. It worked out cheaper than the miltek as all I done was buy new clamps and down pipe bolts just in case I had an issue with breaking old ones.

Around a year ago when I done mine the guy that does our mot's said there was a new law coming in next year that if a car has primary and secondary cats although it won't make a difference to emissions if they was there from factory they have to be there to pass mot.

Around a year ago when I done mine the guy that does our mot's said there was a new law coming in next year that if a car has primary and secondary cats although it won't make a difference to emissions if they was there from factory they have to be there to pass mot.

That law is now in force, but, depending on the tester, may make no difference. Does the tester know how many cats are fitted to each model when it leaves the factory?

There are a few people on both this forum and the "other side" who have had their secondary cats removed (some even the primaries as well) and I have yet to hear of an MOT fail.

It really is pot luck if you go ahead and remove any cats and find your car doesn't pass. It seems most will some won't. As long as you are aware of the implications, its the individuals choice to remove or leave them.

All that extra pollution won't make you any new friends.

The MOT is a bit of a joke with people removing DPF's and CAT's and still passing.

I think a lot of this is media scaremongery . I was in doubt , so I emailed my insurance company to tell them of my potential plans . They confirmed , in writing , that it was perfectly ok to carry out a secondary cat by pass . Now , would an insurance company do that , if legally it was not allowed ? An insurance company would not insure a car would knowingly not pass an mot would they?
Aside from that , i know where i take mine , he will not be looking underneath to see how many cats it has .

It's been posted on here before a lot - rule came in from 2012 - Google it as there are loads of posts about it - If it had a cat and it's no longer there, then it should fail (supposedly). I removed the secondary cats on my 507 but my car was new so never got round to needing a MOT to test if this was true.

Anyway it's done now so best keep enjoying it as they sound fantastic with this done :)

Oh yesss i will . Mine is only 2 years old too , so no worries for a while . Worse case scenario , i have oem pipes in the boot ... Simple enough to pop them back on come MOT time ...

Just enjoy it Steve. The sound should be enough to make you cruise around and find a *friendly* tester. :)

I've got the original MB back boxes on mine. With open 3" pipes from the turbos going to them. Nothing else.

As yours, mine's not due for a test yet, though it will pass I can assure you. :) Just find the right guy and yours will also.

The MOT is a bit of a joke with people removing DPF's and CAT's and still passing.

Killing kittens on a daily basis. (Well, monthly as it doesn't venture out too often)

I inspected the mod before and after Dave, all that's missing is literally the the two secondary cats ( one from each side) the OEM back Boxes and Resonator are still in place. Like I said, it only makes a real noise higher up the rev range, so ticking over in an MOT test centre, it purrs like a kitten and emmissions are unaffected.

Too many people on here are too quick to criticise, and/or try and explain UK laws to you....

Wake up people and enjoy your cars ! FFS...!!!!

I didn't buy a fire breathing normally aspirated 6.2 L V8 to be Eco Friendly pal !!:D:D

Makes me laugh all this " it won't pass the MOT" blah blah blah

Mine still goes to a MB dealer for a service and MOT......never had a issue, and mine is let's say "slightly modified"

What no video?...Enjoy it your a long time dead!

Tony.

Secondary cats are only there due to eu laws and won't make a difference to our emission figures anyway. So I can't see the big deal if they're not there.

I have met Phil from Miltek quite a few times at a few track events and he told me they never bothered making a full exhaust for the C63 as it just sounded fantastic as it was so no point (other then the sec cat delete pipes of course).

Steve, as said, I had my cats done and then before I sold the car I had them put back on.

It would be the first thing I would do on the W204 - I loved the noise with those pipes done. Although if you ever go back to standard like I did - it sounds dissapointing.

W205 is louder at lower reeves imo - much bassier.

Hi Dunc , everyone says the same thing . Tbh ... I cant see me reversing it now . Unless , in the future i decide to trade/ sell it , as i think they sell to a wider audience if they are standard .

What no video?...Enjoy it your a long time dead!

Tony.

When I get chance I will post video, but to be honest, having looked at other videos of this mod, they just don't do it any justice, you have to at the car to appreciate it in real life !:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom