• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Milton Keynes Housing

Geezer

Car
2008 Facelift R171 SLK 350 Auto.
I am a cash buyer and have been looking for a house to buy for over a year without success.

I am now considering Milton Keynes and, as with anywhere, there are good and bad areas. Has anybody any opinions on good areas? I have been told that Kingsmead is OK.

Budget? If you don't mind me asking. You'll get different opinions on good bad areas but the areas I like are:

Loughton
Monkston
Middleton (MK Village)
Woolstone
Bits of Newport Pagnell
Bits of Stony Stratford
Wavendon
Broughton

Avoid the bad bits:

Fishermeed
Conniburrow
Crappier bits of Bletchley (the estates)
Greenleys
Oldbrook
Netherfields

All depends what style /old/new etc house you are after. Also do you want to be near a train station and/or M1 access..

Modern plots are small, house quality varies but they have good efficiency ratings, plenty of places have victorian through 1930's older stuff.

+ Kingsmead is one of the newer developments out in the West, yep a good area.

Obviously it's all mixed housing these days so pot look with the quality of your neighbours.

+ Kingsmead is one of the newer developments out in the West, yep a good area.

Obviously it's all mixed housing these days so pot look with the quality of your neighbours.

Are people in social housing of lesser quality than your good self?

Ya, Broughton Centre, it's actually really good and claims to have won some award or something.

Broughton has an awesome chippy!! :)

You can always tell a good chippy by the quality of their gravy.

(they do serve gravy in MK chip shops, don't they? Or is it a bit too southern?)

Edit: apologies to the OP for the thread hijack...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a quick word with the crime prevention officer or the SOCO at the local Plod shop. They will know where the high crime areas are.

I'd also recommend trying to find out which properties are rented near where you're looking. Generally in my experience (but not always) tenants in rented properties take less care of them than owner occupiers. Front gardens overgrown with weeds don't exactly help the look of an area. Large developments, of which there are many in MK, tend to have a high proportion of rental properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom