ML320 Winter Spruce Up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
My dads ML was looking rather sorry for itself this morning (not as bad as my CLK right enough) so I thought I'd treat her to a little TLC. The original plan was just a quick wash/qd/dry and do mine but I couldn't stop myself...

Here are some before photos (one weeks worth of grime as I washed it last week too)

_MG_6840.jpg

_MG_6842.jpg

_MG_6844.jpg

The products ready

_MG_6851.jpg

Process was:

PW Rinse
Foam (CYC Foam Lance + Autoglym Pressure Wash)
Clean the wheels (Meguiars Wheel Brighter 4:1)
Clean the arches + tyres (Meguiars Super Degreaser 4:1)
PW Rinse
2BM wash with Dodo Supernatural Sponge
Rinse
Chemical Guys Speed Wipe QD applied to wet car and dried off with a Sonus drying towel

Engine bay cleaned with Meguiars APC (10:1) on a MF cloth to remove dust and dressed with Meguiars Hyper Dressing (4:1)

Door jams cleaned with Speed Wipe on a MF cloth
Door seals treated with Einszett Gummi Pflege

Exterior Glass Polished with Autoglym Car Glass Polish
Interior Glass cleaned with Autoglym Fast Glass

Interior wiped down with a MF and Autoglym Vinyl Rubber Care
Some Autoglym Odour Eliminator sprayed inside too (like the smell of that stuff)

Wheel arch plastics dressed with Meguiars Hyper Dressing (4:1)
Tyres dressed with Meguiars Endurance Gel

Body work treated to some Zymol Field Glaze

Started at 10:00 finished at 14:30, with lunch in between and just taking my time.

The car was fully corrected by myself last Spring with a Makita 9227CB rotary and Menzerana Intensive Polish 3.02 and Finial Finish PO85RD and that has been locked in 2 coats of Collinite 476s and just one extra coat two months ago naturally it is still beading like mad. :D

So, all that left me with this:

_MG_6874.jpg

_MG_6872.jpg

_MG_6870.jpg

_MG_6859.jpg

_MG_6853.jpg

_MG_6852.jpg

_MG_6865.jpg

_MG_6855.jpg

_MG_6857.jpg

_MG_6861.jpg

_MG_6860.jpg

Just a little arty shot:

_MG_6869.jpg

Not bad for a few hours work, stay tuned for the CLK tomorrow. She's filthy (2k miles of grime)...

Thanks for looking and comments/criticism welcome.

Well done Marty! Love the bonnet shot :)

Thank you all for taking the time to view/comment!

Jane; I did actually do valeting as a business for 6 months a few years ago. Unfortunately I bought into a franchise that wasn't all it was cracked up to be and just went back to my old job. I clean the CEO/directors at work cars on the odd occasion but prefer just doing my own really, no pressure finishing it in time or just giving up when it starts raining.

Nice job and great choice of buckets;)

Thank you, wish I got the dollys for the Z buckets now but they've served me well over the last 4 years. I put the lid on one and you can use it as a step when washing/polishing/drying the roof on this! :D

EDIT: Love your signature line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom