MOT on saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrickyTrev

The E55k is going in to mercedes at stevenage for its mot. Slightly nervous about it but I'm sure it will pass. It's a great car and it's well looked after strong brakes and new tyres. All the lights work too. God help me on the omissions though... Hopefully the cats aren't done....

Merc are going to do a bumper to bumper review of the car an look at any issues that it might have to be sorted out later. Wonder will they spot the slight oil leak on the rocker cover on the left bank of cylinders? Well spotted by Andy at Eurocharged recently. Why don't they use a gasket on that cylinder bank ? Weird.....

It's not due a service until later in the year so we'll see what they say.

Has anyone had an mot failure on their E55k?

Cheers Trev.

Not yet for me... Mines going in on Monday (2nd MOT under my ownership).

Just take it for a good blast round first to get it up to temperature. AKA Italian tune up. :)

That should sort the emissions out...

Wonder will they spot the slight oil leak on the rocker cover on the left bank of cylinders? Well spotted by Andy at Eurocharged recently. Why don't they use a gasket on that cylinder bank ?

My E55 has an oil leak in the same place. I had both covers removed, cleaned and replaced. I think its a silicon type gasket that is used on this part. Oil leak cured anyway.

I got an advisory for Handbrake as I don't ever use it as I live in the Fens where park suffices perfectly

Other than that no problems mentioned on MOT

I also had same oil leak from breathers on rocker covers, fixed myself with the proper Loctite sealant, although cleaning off the old stuff was an ordeal

I would be inclined to use the parking brake anyway. Lack of use seizes up the mechanism. If you saw what held it in park you would use the parking brake!

Good result though!

mickday said:
I got an advisory for Handbrake as I don't ever use it as I live in the Fens where park suffices perfectly Other than that no problems mentioned on MOT I also had same oil leak from breathers on rocker covers, fixed myself with the proper Loctite sealant, although cleaning off the old stuff was an ordeal

Hi , I too live in the Lincolnshire fens and hope to be back on the road in May with my s211 AMG .

I would be inclined to use the parking brake anyway. Lack of use seizes up the mechanism. If you saw what held it in park you would use the parking brake!

Olly I agree I really should use it that is exactly the problem that was advised on my last MOT parking brake is partially seized and I will be stripping it down this summer

The problem I have whenever I put parking brake on is forgetting and driving off with it on :fail

Hi , I too live in the Lincolnshire fens and hope to be back on the road in May with my s211 AMG .

I am Lincolnshire too, would be great to see another E55K wagon about, they are a very rare beast around here!

Good result though!

That's why I use mine... To stop it from seizing.

My old W211 CDI got a advisory because the undertray was blocking the underside lol.

Nervously sitting in reception at MB Stevenage. Watching repeats of top gear

Bugger.

Control arm ball joint on the NSF has split and lost its grease. Needs to be replaced in order to pass.

Thankfully they have one in stock. Well done MB.

Back on the road in an hour. Substantially less cash in my wallet.

Mine passed with no advisory... £27.42 :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom