MPG question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just posted some MPG figures on another thread - Never really paid a lot of attention before, but i topped up just before leaving for a trip this weekend to Brooklands ( 104.2 miles from my home, and i filled up at the same petrol station upon my return.... Just did the mathematics and i am getting 26.1 mpg from my 2003 SL 500 ( Roof down an the way up, roof up on the return journey. Mainly A roads up, and M3 / M4 on the return.

I was very pleasantly surprised, especially as i opt to use E5 only.

And i smiled all the way there, and all the way back!

The thread was meant to be for AMG owners and get some insights into mpg (from AMG cars) - sorry don't want to offend other/non-AMG owners :).

I can easily achieve 53+ MPG in my Smart-AMG ForFour Black Series.

2019 E63S estate.
Everyday probably early 20's
Tried a longer run and over 60 odd miles with adaptive cruise on and set to 70 mph I managed 30.2 mpg. It took ages to get to that though. 66 litre fuel tank in these things is a bit ridiculous. Shes a thirsty girl for sure but 'Smiles Per Miles' as they say.

Over the last 15 months of owning the ML63,I think the very best I've achieved is 28 ish mpg,although that was driving as if there was a red hot spike protruding through the loud pedal,more of an experiment than anything else.

Normal day to day, I'll see 14-17 around town,and up to a dizzy 23 mpg on a motorway run.

Don't really count the penny's with it tbh,I knew it could drink Oliver Reed under the table before I bought her,I just get on and enjoy every journey.

We're all a long time dead.

Over the last 15 months of owning the ML63,I think the very best I've achieved is 28 ish mpg,although that was driving as if there was a red hot spike protruding through the loud pedal,more of an experiment than anything else.

Normal day to day, I'll see 14-17 around town,and up to a dizzy 23 mpg on a motorway run.

Don't really count the penny's with it tbh,I knew it could drink Oliver Reed under the table before I bought her,I just get on and enjoy every journey.

We're all a long time dead.
My goodness, 28 MPG is exceptional.

Had a nice run out on some lovely peak District roads last night and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

My mate managed 11.3 in his E55

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_232742.jpg
    IMG_20220513_232742.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 6
I have absolutely no idea. I don't want to know. It uses loads of petrol and I'm cool with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom