My CLS63 Has been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very much doubt it’ll be in bits somewhere or in a container abroad this soon

It’ll be parked up somewhere and left to stand, awaiting any movements from authorities in regards to a potential tracker fitted. Especially something that loud and attention drawing

A share on Facebook (publically) May come up trumps if anyone has spotted it sat somewhere

All
Posting out some sad news. My car was stolen off my Drive on Friday Evening whilst me & my partner were out celebrating a friends Birthday. To say I am gutted is an understatement. Its been reported to the Police and I also sent some CCTV footage that was captured by a neighbors camera. Not sure how they have done this as I still have both keys, but the one thing thats niggling me is that the car was serviced at MB Gatwick on Friday Morning, and ironically stolen on Friday evening. I've contacted MB Gatwick advising of this, but they stated that they have never had any reports like this before. My Neighbour is an ex-copper and he said It's likely the car has targeted and likely that it's either in bits to be sold on or out of the country. I have reported to Insurance company, who are dealing accordingly, but it has left me saddened that we live in a world whereby a man works hard to have nice things only to have them taken by total scumbags. Not sure what I will do once paid out, and if I am honest I may just keep my Mk5 GTi as it put me off having another high-end car.
Sorry to hear your news, this is certain to be another keyless entry theft, when will the car manufacturers do something to help all owners and not just new car owners.

None of it is your fault man. Shit happens even in quiet neighbourhoods; maybe moreso.
Your car is so unusual I can only think of two reasons to steal it. Export it to Eastern Europe or Africa. Break it for all the goodies. Start checking the net for 63 engines.
Either way I think it's gone................unless the scrotes saw what they got and chickened out to leave it parked up somewhere.

That sucks pal I’m so sorry to hear this. Don’t let it get you down, once the insurance pays out you can get something even more special. :)

I think it would be best that you don't see the car again, who wants to drive a car that's stolen and recovered and more to the point who would want to buy a stolen recovered car.

Sorry to read about this.

Good job you had GAP but that doesn't replace the car you cherished.

Give it some time before deciding whether to replace or not - only you can really decide whether it is worth the hassle or not.

I don't let the scrotes control what I do but I am also conscious that you might have to incur grief having these kind of cars.

Sad to hear. Hope it all ends as well as possible given the circumstances.

Jules

Sorry to hear this, i feel for you, luckily you were not there otherwise who knows what would have happened. I know the feeling, having had my car stolen off my drive, unfortunately the thieves actually smashed our front door in and took the key (it was keyless and luckily we were not in the house as we were also out celebrating a birthday). We also live on a quiet road (young families and retired couples) but these days that doesn't guarantee anything. Having spoken to the police, they say these professionals are generally always looking at around 5-10 cars at a time.

Don't give up hope though, as our was found 2 weeks later in a car park, and the only damage on it was the lower suspension control arm on the passenger side, and bleach sprayed all over the interior to remove trace evidence. Apparently it was stolen to be used on a 'job'. Now have a disklok on it.

Hopefully yours will be recovered.
Good point , BTW .

Quite often professional car thieves will take a car , and park it up somewhere to see if a tracker is fitted . If still there a few days later , it is then moved on .

So a slight chance it might show up .

Might be as simple as the thieves sitting watching the dealership and following the car they like home, the chances of someone in the dealers being responsible is very slim.

True, but not unheard of: BMW salesman weeps as he's jailed for plot to steal £200k of cars. Incidentally my brother had a brand new BMW 730Ld (which was also supplied by Berry BMW) stolen on the evening it was delivered! The car was recovered a few weeks later undamaged in a shipping container with some Range Rovers at the docks.

Back to this one, I doubt the dealer had anything to do with it, I would suggest @NEMESIS CLS just suffered a standard Keyless Relay attack theft.

As others have stated, if you have Keyless entry vehicle, at the very least invest in an RFID blocking pouch or put both keys in a metal tin when not using the car.

I have a cop friend who has a fairly local neighbour who had an RS3.

He knew the bloke who owned it so when he spotted another random scrote in the RS3 driver's seat already, and then a second scrote was carrying items from the house where the RS3 lives to the car but couldn't get in, unfortunately he wasn't able to apprehend the second scrote because by the time he reached him he had managed to enter the vehicle and of course they sped off.

Turns out it was an "inside" job - the son of the RS3 owner had been talking about the car to "friends" and the two who turned up weren't as genuine a friends as the son thought!

They also turned up when the dad was away so they knew the house would be empty and found the keys without disturbing anything.

I guess you never know who talks to who...

Last edited:
At the current time, Copart have 151 stolen/recovered cars going to auction/s.

Of those, 10 are Mercedes, from 2012 - 2019.

mercsoncoparth1k5t.jpg

C43 and A45 are looking popular with the great unwashed

C43 and A45 are looking popular with the great unwashed

A big % of those great unwashed are car dealers :eek:

Indeed, although the most popular (easy) cars to steal remain VAG cars; their security, I am told, is the easiest to get past and seemingly still are:

Of the 158 Stolen/Recovered cars currently listed, 26 are Audi, and 22 are VW; thereby VAG represent about 30% of those for sale!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom