• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My new to me S213.

Wearsthefoxhat

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500 : R129. /. E55k : S211
Having been on the lookout for a newer car, this one became available again for one reason or another.
I took a nice drive upto Cheltenham to have a look and drive of it.
I parked my wagon amongst the Aston Martins and wandered into the showroom.. and there it was, hidden away in the corner.
Now I don’t know if any of you have been into your local HR Owen’s, but they do have some nice stuff..

It is a Hyacinth red metallic with porcelain seats and door cards. The rest is black ash and black and has a few options being a premium plus car.

The drive went well and we settled on a price. There were bits that the dealership wanted to do so arranged to collect it a few days later.
The car, already on 49k miles (50k now) and with three past owners but has FMBSH.
I have lots to sort out, lots to of things to set up and need to replace a few missing items, I can’t take the wheels off for a much needed clean yet.. the car has been “just a car” and has probably only been valeted and washed. No one has taken a micro fibre to it as far as I can see, but with some nice weather ahead.
This is a screen shot from the advert.. and with many thanks to Uncle Benz for his help and good advise..
IMG_8626.png

Having been on the lookout for a newer car, this one became available again for one reason or another.
I parked my wagon amongst the Aston Martins and wandered into the showroom.. and there it was, hidden away in the corner.
Now I don’t know if any of you have been into your local HR Owen’s, but they do have some nice stuff..

It is a Hyacinth red metallic with porcelain seats and door cards. The rest is black ash and black and has a few options being a premium plus car.

The drive went well and we settled on a price. There were bits that the dealership wanted to do so arranged to collect it a few days later.
The car, already on 49k miles (50k now) and with three past owners but has FMBSH.
I have lots to sort out, lots to of things to set up and need to replace a few missing items, I can’t take the wheels off for a much needed clean yet.. the car has been “just a car” and has probably only been valeted and washed. No one has taken a micro fibre to it as far as I can see, but with some nice weather ahead.
This is a screen shot from the advert.. and with many thanks to Uncle Benz for his help and good advise..
View attachment 160500
Congratulations, that’s blooming lovely. For me that’s peak AMG in an incredible colour scheme. Enjoy!

Congratulations, that’s blooming lovely. For me that’s peak AMG in an incredible colour scheme. Enjoy!
Have you seen the Autocar headline about the latest C63. Sobering and sad.

When a decade goes by, the next version ought to be significantly better.

Image.jpeg

"I have lots to sort out, lots to of things to set up and need to replace a few missing items.."

Do share.....? :)
Memory seats and keys, car play, the driving configurations and it needs a good tidy up.
The tool for removing the wheel centre caps is missing as is the socket to take the wheels off, but not in the dealership.
Then I need to find out about the things I don’t know about and see what they do or don’t..

I shall do a “how does it compare to the S211” in a week or so.

View attachment 160500
Chuffed for you! Best cars you can buy !

Real beauty you picked up Brian. Well done.
The perfect colour combination IMO. It doesn't get any better.

Gaz or Olly can probably sort out the memory seats for you if its just a case of re- programming them.
Comandonline in Lightwater for the Car Play if its something you want added. But you know that.;)

I'll be interested in your comparisons to the 211 after getting used to it.

Thank you Roger,
It was just a matter of linking the keys to the memory package, one press for drivers door two for all doors and linking my iPhone to command and getting Waze on the screen.
It does need a good clean, wheels, wheel arches and engine bay, door shuts and the bits that dont usually get cleaned.
I will begin on once I have got the S211 advertised properly.
I will compare both whilst they are both here and let you know..

Initially, the S211 is the better built car imho.

Thank you Roger,
It was just a matter of linking the keys to the memory package, one press for drivers door two for all doors and linking my iPhone to command and getting Waze on the screen.
It does need a good clean, wheels, wheel arches and engine bay, door shuts and the bits that dont usually get cleaned.
I will begin on once I have got the S211 advertised properly.
I will compare both whilst they are both here and let you know..

Initially, the S211 is the better built car imho.
I would seriously consider getting Autowatch Ghost fitted for peace of mind when the car is parked up.
Bit of a faf inputting a code every time you start up but worth it in my book.
Comandonline fitted mine.

I would seriously consider getting Autowatch Ghost fitted for peace of mind when the car is parked up.
Bit of a faf inputting a code every time you start up but worth it in my book.
Comandonline fitted mine.
It currently has a tracker but when the contract is up, I will re evaluate, but intend on keeping it safe. thank you.

That looks really nice, I originally looked at a Hyacinth saloon before buying my black one, I felt the colour didn’t look as good in the flesh as in the ads. However, that interior colour really makes it ‘pop’ - congrats.

What you haven't said for the ignorant amongst us is exactly what breed it is - just AMG!! It's pretty, a nicer red than my S204, but I suspect somewhat more interesting than a C220Cdi!!

If it has the removable start button , I would take that out so it needs a key to start it and double pressing the lock button on each key to turn off the key signal until you push a button again

What you haven't said for the ignorant amongst us is exactly what breed it is - just AMG!! It's pretty, a nicer red than my S204, but I suspect somewhat more interesting than a C220Cdi!!
My apologies Chris, it is an E63, a 4 litre V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom