• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My new toy

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
Coming today.........

Being delivered as I type...........

My new Hot Tub!

coyote-life1.jpg

These girls were in the brochure, but the two blokes in overalls who are delivering the hot tub look nothing like them.

Should I complain?

:devil:

PS.... It's just started RAINING!!!!!

Do they come free with the tub ? or are they an "extra"

Which make/model did you go for ?

Do they come free with the tub ? or are they an "extra"

I think that if they came free, Mrs Meldrew would have something to say about it......

Which make/model did you go for ?

A Coyote with a few options... like a 4kw heater to keep things hot (my old one was only 2kw, not up to the job in winter) and some shiny chrome bits.

I don't think the girls were even on the options list.......

:D

The girl option was deleted by your missus before you got the brochure :)

Meldrew2, is your hot tub open to the elements, or do you have a summer house type thing?

Sorry to be nosy, but is installing a hot tub a lot of grief? Thinking that wiring and plumbing may be a hassle....

Coming today.........

Being delivered as I type...........

My new Hot Tub!

coyote-life1.jpg

These girls were in the brochure, but the two blokes in overalls who are delivering the hot tub look nothing like them.

Should I complain?

:devil:

PS.... It's just started RAINING!!!!!
I would have asked for the girls and they could keep the hot tub:thumb::bannana::bannana:

'NOT AS DESCRIBED' or 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE' would be the relevant phrase for trading standards !

The girl option was deleted by your missus before you got the brochure :)

Meldrew2, is your hot tub open to the elements, or do you have a summer house type thing?

Sorry to be nosy, but is installing a hot tub a lot of grief? Thinking that wiring and plumbing may be a hassle....

It will be open to the elements, but in a sheltered part of the garden.

Our first one (bought in 2001) was originally open, but after a couple of years we had it enclosed... big mistake. It's far nicer on a pleasant evening to sit in the hot tub looking at the night sky.

Wiring..... some tubs will work on a 13 amp supply, so wiring is fairly simple, but they only have a small heater, so they can struggle to be hot enough in winter.

This new one needs a dedicated circuit... seperate fuse box, armoured cable etc... costs about £300, but the larger heater means that it can get back to temperature quicker.

Plumbing... none needed. It fills via a garden hose (we have had an outside tap fitted from the hot water pipes in the house so we can fill with hot water) and empties (every 3-6 months) via hose into a nearby grid.

Running costs.... about £20-30 a month, electricity & chemicals.

Not to be used for ritual sacrifices... the blood makes a mess of the water.

'NOT AS DESCRIBED' or 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE' would be the relevant phrase for trading standards !

Those girls look quite fit for the purpose I have in mind.........

..... bringing me a cold beer while I recline, then passing a fluffy towel.

Nice!! I quite fancy a hot tub too - fancy myself as Colt Severs!!

Jnr and Baby D (6mo) have been in the pool this week - Baby D's first swim - which I've missed, so I left work early yesterday to be back in time to join them.

Even when the children were out and in bed I don't really swim - bob about and talk - there's just something special about being in water in the open air - especially in the evening or at night. Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom