• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Navigation System Help

Humff

Car
C180 CLA
Hello Everyone,

I have recently purchased a C180 CLA Coupe (2019) and i am having a couple of teething problems as this is the first Merc i have owned.
I have managed to pair up my car with the ME App and on the store it says i have live traffic until Dec 2026
However when i use my Nav system in the car and click on Live Traffic it states i have TOM TOM live traffic no subscription.
This is baffling me as the SD Card in my head unit has Garmin Maps on.

The head unit i have is NTG5.1 Audio 20 and Command
I tested it by trying to share a post code with my car and this was also unable to send.

Any thoughts please as the garage i bought the car form is useless. (Independent Garage not Merc Dealer)
Please feel free to ask any further questions.

I am also unable to activate apple carplay but i do think my car is just not compatible with this.

Thank you in advance.

Humff

Last edited:
If it’s not a genuine Mercedes SD card then it almost certainly doesn’t come with traffic.

And carplay was/is a cost upgrade/option even if you have smartphone compatibility.

Hth 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

If it’s not a genuine Mercedes SD card then it almost certainly doesn’t come with traffic.

And carplay was/is a cost upgrade/option even if you have smartphone compatibility.

Hth 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hi Ted

Thank you taking the time to reply.
It is a Genuine Merc SD Card however it says Garmin on the front and in the menu for the Navi system (Inside the car) when you click on live traffic it states TOM TOM Live traffic not subscribed.
On my ME App it says Live Traffic subscription until Dec 2026.
Its all a tad confusing :)

Reactions: Ted
It’s possible that someone has paid for traffic, or had it bundled with the car, but put a pirated sd updated map card in.
A lot of the ones from ebay are branded Mercedes but aren’t.

Welcome.

Your car will have either the entry-level Audio20 NTG5.1 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND NTG5.1 system with built-in navigation. From your description, your car has the former. The best way to check this is by running the car's VIN in a free online decoder and looking for the 5xx section in the Datacard where it will say either 'Audio20' or 'COMAND'.

Regarding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, these were not fitted by default, instead these were factory options. So if the first owner didn't specify it, and it has not been terrified at a later date, then the car won't have it. Check the Datacard for the following options:

14U Smartphone Internet
16U Apple CarPlay
17U Android Auto

The good news is that NTG5.1 does have native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and so if these options are not present, they can be retrofitted.

Regarding the TomTom Live Traffic service, as others said the most likely reason it's not working is that the SD-Card is pirates and not genuine.

Welcome.

Your car will have either the entry-level Audio20 NTG5.1 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND NTG5.1 system with built-in navigation. From your description, your car has the former. The best way to check this is by running the car's VIN in a free online decoder and looking for the 5xx section in the Datacard where it will say either 'Audio20' or 'COMAND'.

Regarding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, these were not fitted by default, instead these were factory options. So if the first owner didn't specify it, and it has not been terrified at a later date, then the car won't have it. Check the Datacard for the following options:

14U Smartphone Internet
16U Apple CarPlay
17U Android Auto

The good news is that NTG5.1 does have native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and so if these options are not present, they can be retrofitted.

Regarding the TomTom Live Traffic service, as others said the most likely reason it's not working is that the SD-Card is pirates and not genuine.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I will do some more research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom