• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Need some help and advice plz

Shaqs1977

Car
Subaru Impreza
Hi Guys

Need some help and advice.

Im looking to buy my first benz but ive never owned one before and know nothing about them. dont know w numbers or engine numbers. Please be gentle.

Looking to buy a car for my wife to do nursery runs and go to work. Her daily commute is about 20 min drive each way which isnt enough for my xc60 d5 hence causing issues.

im looking to purchase a 2014/2015 c200 estate. can you advise what they are like to own and what to look at when i go to view them on monday. the two i like are:-

c200 amg line
premium
184 bhp
106 k
£10750

or

c200 sport
premium plus
184 bhp
109 k
£9950

Both of these are in the auto trader.

what do you guys think?

Welcome.

You're looking at the S205 C-Class Estate pre-facelift petrol car with the M274 2.0L Turbocharged engine. Fine car and fine engine.

The 'Premium Plus' will have more niceties than the 'Premium' (from memory, it will also have the COMAND infotainment system, which is better than the basic Audio20 system).

The 'AMG Line' mainly adds decorative trim, some of it with the AMG logo, inside and out (mats, spoilers etc), but it may also have bigger wheels than the standard 'Sport' version - please check the photos in the ads. Bigger/wider/staggered wheels look nicer, but the ride may prove too harsh.

Also, MB moved from 7-gear automatic transmission to 9-gear - not sure what year that happened - but if the 2015 car has the 9-gear automatic transmission than that's a plus that will help with fuel economy. That been said, the 7-gear is also a fine transmission.

And check service history - some of the service items can be expensive (ATF change, for example), and if overdue then you'll have to pay to get it done at the next service.

Everything else being the same, I would opt for the 2015 Sport Premium Plus car (which also happens to be cheaper), over the 2014 AMG Line Premium.

Last edited:
I did it. But the bullet and bought the premium plus.

A beautiful car and lovely to drive. Still getting used to the gear selector on steering column. I’m glad I bought it. Sold a 2012 Volvo xc60 for this and the difference is night and day.

Discovered a detachable start/stop button
Discovered official Benz leather cleaning kit in boot unopened
When selecting reverse I pushed further up and discovered it had park assist.

lol.

Ordered a service kit from MB Newcastle on eBay so will carry that out as soon at it arrives.

This is the mrs car. I own a 2003 Subaru Impreza STI, contemplating selling that and buying a quick Benz for me now!!!!

FGS keep the STI!

A quick Benz will not handle like the Subaru

Do love my STi. Everything is stock. Sticks to the road and goes like stink. But when I drove her c200 from Bolton to Bradford it was just so relaxing!! Probably regret it if I sold it. Just need to save up and buy a merc for me and retire the STi for summer use only. Lol

Do love my STi. Everything is stock. Sticks to the road and goes like stink. But when I drove her c200 from Bolton to Bradford it was just so relaxing!! Probably regret it if I sold it. Just need to save up and buy a merc for me and retire the STi for summer use only. Lol
That's the ticket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom