Need to sell my CLK 430, how much to ask?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rigpig

Car
CLK 430
I have a good condition CLK 430 Avantgarde with around 83k miles (Sept 2000)

It´s parked at my in-laws house (Berwick upon Tweed) as I´m in New Zealand and won´t be returning to the UK for a long time.

I´ve had the car for nearly 3 years and its done around 8000 miles in that time including a great trip to Spain and back, everything works fine. It´s silver with a light grey leather interior.

MOT till December but has done around 600 miles since the last MOT
Genuine AMG body kit and wheels and runs really well.
Tyres replaced around 4000 miles ago
Oil and filter changed 2000 miles ago
Quite a few dealer service stamps in the log book.

It´s been parked up since January with my father in law turning it over every now and again.

I´d like to keep it but I really don´t know when I´ll be back in the UK so I have to let it go.

I´m aware that its not worth a fortune and that it's a car that needs to be matched to a buyer so I´d like to know how much to reasonably ask for it and where the best place to advertise it would be?

If anyone has any interest please PM me with an email address and I can send photos.

Thanks

Tim

blue 1k as friend selling 52 plate 230 with mot for under 1k n no takers, u cannot be pmed as u r newbie, best leaving a no or email address for interested parties to contact u.

might worthwhile shipping to down under as it is personal import and no import duties charged and should fetch all the money for you incl shipping as clk 430 is rare model over their

i am sorry if they car is convertible it will be worth more

Indeed, it's not going to be worth a lot as large capacity V8s aren't exactly popular these days - even though fuel prices aren't quite as steep as they were a couple of years ago.

The question you have to ask yourself is how long do you want to sit on it, particularly with you being on the other side of the world. It's only got a couple of months MOT left, which isn't particularly attractive to a potential buyer and will quickly get eroded if you overprice it. You haven't said if it's a coupe or a convertible - ragtops fetch more at the beginning of summer, but now's not the best time to be selling one. It'll still be worth more than a coupe, but the uplift will be much less than if you were selling it in May.

So assuming it's a coupe - if you want it shifted quickly I'm afraid I agree with dinoy - £1K tops. Stick it in the trader at £995 no offers, and settle for £895 if a punter turns up with cash on the hip. It's harsh but if I were in your position, a grand now seems better than coming back in 5 years time to a worthless car and rellies fed up with looking at the rusting heap on their drive.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks for the replies.

It´s a coupe

To be honest the money is secondary I just would like it out of the way and off the inlaws front drive. So would accept 800 no problem.

Thanks

Tim

Thanks for the replies.

It´s a coupe

To be honest the money is secondary I just would like it out of the way and off the inlaws front drive. So would accept 800 no problem.

Thanks

Tim

put some pics i can pass ad around u can advertise here for free

is in scotland

pity it is not convertible have somebody looking for one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom