• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New A180 CDI W169 Owner

Nickb23

Car
A180 CDI
Hi guys,
In June i will be buying off a family member a 2009 A180 CDI Elegence SE Auto. He is upgrading to a new B-Class, and offered it to me at what the dealership were going to give him in Part Ex. I am in need of a diesal, due to the fact in April we are moving houses, and my journey to work will become a 70 mile round trip. I had a drive last night, and it was ok.. It is just hard coming from my gas guzzling, remapped Mk4 Golf GTI, but when i hopefully see a big reduction in my fuel bill, it should be worth it. Anyway, as a Merc virgin, I was just wondering what i need to watch out for with Mercedes cars and especially the A-Class...
The one thing that i didnt check last night was if the stereo had line in for my android phone. Do these models have line in?? Where would it be? If not can you add one?
thanks in advance..
Nick

Hello and welcome to the forum. Basically the A Class got better and better as Mercedes learned how to make a small car. The last facelift before production ceased was in 2008 so yours will have benefited from this.

Owners - like me, I am on my second - tend to be very loyal to them and they have a good reputation for reliability. 'Very dependable' said the Which? assessment based on replies from 3,000 owners. They have their critics,which is to some extent understandable from people for whom Mercedes equals big comfy saloons.

Sorry this is a bit general and I'm afraid I can't help with your phone inquiry given my extreme non-technical turn of mind. However I hope someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help with this.

Thanks Rhud,

I have been having a little look around at what tinkering I can do, and it seems that you can remap the little a180 too. Has anyone done this, and what kind of price does it cost? I have also read about dpf removal, but is this not illegal, and an MOT faliure??

Thanks

Nick

Model year 2009 and on even on the basic stereo option has an aux in socket for connecting your walkman or equivalent.
You android phone will also connect via bluetooth for making/receiving calls.

Should be good for 155bhp

With the remap, is there a one that people choose over others? If the DPF is left as is, what increases should I expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom