New C43 Owner | Intro and a few questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , my C207 runs on 19" Contintial tyres and this is what I found.

I had an issue with the third set of tyres I installed on the car.

The MOT produced an an advisory ( cracking ) although the tyres had only covered 8000 more I was not impressed with the issue.

I must say that Contintial handled my complaint professionally and to my satisfaction.

The new tyres that came direct from Contintial , the ride is superb compared to the removed set.

My car is a rear wheel drive and occasionally when reversing on full lock the tyre appears to skip.( Not enough to annoy me )

I would also mention that from memory that 19" tyres are more money than 18" tyres.

Picked up the car today. Loving the performance exhaust, it sounds so good 😀 but my word… the crabbing… I can live with it provided it’s not causing any damage! Certainly doesn’t sound good aha.

I’m now trying to set up the Mercedes Me app but just getting a spinning circle on the app. Anyone experienced this? What can the app actually do?

Attachments

• 7D0EB59A-1015-4CCE-84F7-68A5E46ABD9E.png
    7D0EB59A-1015-4CCE-84F7-68A5E46ABD9E.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
You can choose to live with it but it can tear chunks out of the tyres over time or use more pliable tyres in the colder months. All season or winter tyres are a softer compound and the tread blocks move around more. It's the grip then slip that is 'crabbing' rather than tyres that just smudge across the road surface.

Picked up the car today. Loving the performance exhaust, it sounds so good 😀 but my word… the crabbing… I can live with it provided it’s not causing any damage! Certainly doesn’t sound good aha.

I’m now trying to set up the Mercedes Me app but just getting a spinning circle on the app. Anyone experienced this? What can the app actually do?
It's not usual to have a problem with crabbing on 18" Alloys , I run 18's and 19's on my C250 and have full lock on to get out my garage and unless it's realy cold I don't have a problem even on th 19's.

Enjoy the car and when the tyres need replacing choose them carefully. There’s a thread somewhere here where owners have named tyres that get rid of it. Continental SSR definitely do. The crabbing is only an issue in cold. Won’t be there when it warms up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom