New EQA order - can't track it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cars can be built, but not complete. If certain parts are not available as a car goes down the line, you don't stop the whole line - you just let it continue to the end of the line, where obviously it doesn't get the final sign off. It goes instead to an area that the company I worked for called "after rectification", which was a sort of black hole because there are no automatic status updates issued while a car is sat in what is effectively a large car park. Saying that, the Certificate of Conformity should not be issued until the car has been signed off as complete - otherwise it doesn't conform!

I have no idea whether any of this applies to the OP's order.

Well my EQA 250 Premium Plus came without AR not even the front camera missing aswell and the different MBux 548 and not MBux 549 which is needed for AR to work. for it.... well pissed off with my dealer, who where not informed by MB Germany, take this with a pinch of salt also. Mind you the HUD is better imho than AR, which i used in a A Class 220D 21 plate and all the nav directions are on the HUD indicating turning positions and using D Auto shows when to take your foot off the accelerator pedal which is nice, is shown on the HUD aswell.

Well my EQA 250 Premium Plus came without AR not even the front camera missing aswell and the different MBux 548 and not MBux 549 which is needed for AR to work. for it.... well pissed off with my dealer, who where not informed by MB Germany, take this with a pinch of salt also. Mind you the HUD is better imho than AR, which i used in a A Class 220D 21 plate and all the nav directions are on the HUD indicating turning positions and using D Auto shows when to take your foot off the accelerator pedal which is nice, is shown on the HUD aswell.
All MB dealers were informed about 6 months ago that AR had been discontinued with immediate effect. All vehicles built from June onwards should be expected to arrive without and we were told to notify customers with existing orders. They removed the option from the brochure immediately too

My order was 1st week of May so that does not stand up, with the Brochure including the Premium Plus, so your statement is incorrect to say the least.

My order was 1st week of May so that does not stand up, with the Brochure including the Premium Plus, so your statement is incorrect to say the least.

Mharv - did you get any indication from the dealer of what was coming, or when?

Other than mine getting the CoC, the dealer seems unable to tell me what was built, what was/is missing, or any clue as to when it might move from its place outside the factory.

Also - when did yours arrive, if you ordered in early May? We ordered in early July, so I'm hoping there's some logic to the backlog and ours is here in the next month or so...

But when was it built? If it was built to order from an order in May it may well have been built after the end of May and thus no AR, as per the post from JBD.

Mine was ordered from 1st brochure (stated AR) and then told it was delayed. delayed delayed.. only when i said after two months end of July of failing to deliver due to "Chips" shortages, no explanation of what the details entailed, I was going to Cancel, next day phonecall saying car is coming next week, it did a week after that, took them another whole 5 days for an PDI lol and still failed to say the AR was missing, even on handover when I asked and checked by putting in a navigation destination and drive from the dealership and checking Navigation Settings no listing to Check to make Constant active for road traffic lights or junctions, on previous cars I have driven no response but thats unusual hmmm (think they knew) asked for print out of sheet order there and then and its not Listed... selling items that are not in the package you purchased.

3 years complimentary service by email (Very apologetic) from MB UK HQ Milton Keyes to take to the Franchised dealership, (after I had taken out 4 year Service Contract which I then had to cancel) as good will gesture, no monetary recompense forthcoming considering my upgrade cost £6000... Well this is my last Mercedes, lesson learned for me, MB brand and CSA services going down hill, Mercedes German arrogance at its best, (customers will NOT mind if one item is missing after all it is "An Mercedes Benz Marque Your buying into!!" crap) 2nd car will not be Mercedes or German in future. And I lived and worked in BRD before unification along time ago and drove LHD MB cars.

Plus My Mercedes Me Charge card account with Ionity was cancelled from start... after setting up the account wtf. MB CS still have not rectified as of yet rotflmao.
But the Charge card works with all providers but not Ionity, ie Instavolt; BP Pulse how weird.

To be honest it is the Worst Car Ordering Buying from Mercedes Benz that I have experienced... only to be the last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom