• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New front discs and pads - screeching

Chris22911

Car
C200D Sport
Hi all,
Recently had some new pads and discs fitted to the front of my 2016 C200D, Non genuine but of a decent quality but have noticed a screeching sound Initially when using since fitted. Has been around 4 weeks since they were fitted now, seem very responsive but the screeching noise when I press the brake initially has never disappeared, any suggestions?
Thanks

What pads were fitted . I've had mintex before and they were horrendous for it. I always look for pads with a central groove. Helps with brake dust . I avoid full faced pads.

If you pop out the pads , you'll probably see signs of glazing , basically brake dust that's been cooked , and is now sitting on the pad face . Rock hard and super shiny. Or it's bits of copper in the pad , used by some manufacturers.

Had something similar on my C240.
I replaced the rears with Brembo's and they screeched like mad, but when I put the OEM Mercedes silver backing plates on the pads and used some ceramic brake grease the screech disappeared

Interesting, recently replaced my discs and pads all round, no issues, not much dust and work perfectly. They did come with a small sachet of grease but I think I just smeared copper grease on the ears and around the slide pins.

Interesting, recently replaced my discs and pads all round, no issues, not much dust and work perfectly. They did come with a small sachet of grease but I think I just smeared copper grease on the ears and around the slide pins.

Going back to 2004 the mintex I got for the wife's rav 4 , had copper in the friction material, the were atrocious TBF.

Going back to 2004 the mintex I got for the wife's rav 4 , had copper in the friction material, the were atrocious TBF.
Things have moved on since then, Mintex are now owned by TMD Friction Group GmbH, and I quote
“one of the globes largest manufacturers of OE brake friction”

Things have moved on since then, Mintex are now owned by TMD Friction Group GmbH, and I quote
“one of the globes largest manufacturers of OE brake friction”
In a sweat shop factory in Hartlepool.

Hi all,
Recently had some new pads and discs fitted to the front of my 2016 C200D, Non genuine but of a decent quality but have noticed a screeching sound Initially when using since fitted. Has been around 4 weeks since they were fitted now, seem very responsive but the screeching noise when I press the brake initially has never disappeared, any suggestions?
Thanks
Only in the initial phase of brake application - Y/N? Quietens as more pedal pressure is applied - Y/N?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom