• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New map releases

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
There have been some Europe map releases in the last few weeks

NTG5.5 Europe V25 (20/09/2023)
NTG6 Europe V20 (20/09/23)
NTG7 Europe V16 (22/09/23) (V15 seems to have been skipped)

Hope thats useful for someone.

I don't watch what's being released other regions ...

Cheers
Richard

Nothing for NTG4 or 2.5 either - latest for those is 2018-19 (as it was when you updated the NTG4 HDD in my S204 and installed that!!).

Nothing for NTG4 or 2.5 either - latest for those is 2018-19 (as it was when you updated the NTG4 HDD in my S204 and installed that!!).
All the way up to and including NTG4 are officially final-release so no chance of new map data there I’m afraid.

All the way up to and including NTG4 are officially final-release so no chance of new map data there I’m afraid.

NTG 5.5 next I guess. Wonder if the live traffic service will be withdrawn when they stop updating the maps?

NTG 5.5 next I guess. Wonder if the live traffic service will be withdrawn when they stop updating the maps?
I think 5.5 has a while as it’s in the facelift w205. I’m surprised they did the last ntg4.5 update. It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s not a lot more 5*1 / 5*2 updates but that’s purely a guess as 5.2 was in vito until that facelift.

Bloody annoying that MB stopped updates to earlier Comands after buying the company that supplied the maps!! Would love something more up to date in the S204 but cannot justify the cost, for the SLK I bought a screen mount for my phone and use Google Maps instead! Must look at getting one for the 204, but cannot see her ladyship ever getting her head round using that, despite the 204 officially being her car for the past 12 1/2 years, she still cannot use the satnav in it!!

Bloody annoying that MB stopped updates to earlier Comands after buying the company that supplied the maps!!
You have to conclude that they are not competing with TomTom or Waze users, but content to milk the original owners for the first few years and them just abandoning them without any thought at all.

Had an amusing one on Monday, had programmed the route to a friend in Birchington into my phone on Google Maps as well as into the NTG2.5 in the SLK, but as usual had looked at the route on Google Maps on my PC to get it into my head. Got to Drover's Roundabout on the A28 at Ashford and the SLK satnav wanted me to join the M20 - going completely the wrong way, west instead of north towards Faversham. Ignored the SLK and used Google on my phone to get there!

I updated by 5.1 recently and it was a waste on money.
Without live traffic I don't know what I was thinking.
£99 quid (only) at least

Old iPhone 10 with Waze via Car Play is now my go to - it's £400 to have Android installed!

Waze is not as graphically pleasing on the eye - I do like the Comand maps- but I can't see onboard Navi being a thing very shortly

I find phone screens a bit small to glance at when driving. We have Android Auto in the W205 but Comand gives you the additional 'next turn' and overhead displays in the cluster. In the Vito or SL I do use Google maps or Waze if I have to but prefer to take the TomTom. One downside to Comand (NTG 5.5, anyway) is not being able to load your own POIs e.g. speed cameras.

Agreed

The cluster next turn display is great.
But if I have a deadline (and with traffic the way it is) not having live traffic can be a real hinderance.

We have live traffic on our NTG 5.5 Comand.

That probably because the GSM modem is 4g, not 3g.

That probably because the GSM modem is 4g, not 3g.
Does ntg 5*2 have 3g or 4g? I've recently signed up to mercedes me and now have live traffic even tho I have an early w205 model..

Yes, but only the pre-facelift W205 has NTG5*2.

The facelift W205 - introduced 2018 - has NTG5.5.
Strangley and more confusingly comand online told me that 2023 maps are available for my specific vin.. but main dealer stated 2021..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom