• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New map releases

Does ntg 5*2 have 3g or 4g? I've recently signed up to mercedes me and now have live traffic even tho I have an early w205 model..

The modem is separate to the COMAND unit.

Generally pre-facelift cars had 3g, while facelift cars had 4g. But I am not sure about the exact cut-off date.

Do you have COMAND, or Audio20 with Garmin Map Pilot? And what model year is your car?

Does ntg 5*2 have 3g or 4g? I've recently signed up to mercedes me and now have live traffic even tho I have an early w205 model..

On my NTG 5.5 W205 you can see the connection type in the top left (?) corner of the Navi screen ... 4G in this case.

The modem is separate to the COMAND unit.

Generally pre-facelift cars had 3g, while facelift cars had 4g. But I am not sure about the exact cut-off date.

Do you have COMAND, or Audio20 with Garmin Map Pilot? And what model year is your car?
I have comand 5*2 64 reg w205

I have comand 5*2 64 reg w205

The Vodafone 3g network is due to be switched off in 2024.

My guess is that MB do not provide new TomTom Live traffic subscriptions, but they are still honouring the existing subscriptions. When did you take out your current subscription? Either way, I don't think that your 2014/2015 car will have 4g.

EDIT: Also, to clarify, it's only the subscription-based TomTom Live traffic service that uses the 3g/4g network. The free TMS live traffic service receives the updates via the TMS antenna in the car and does not uses 3g/4g.

The Vodafone 3g network is due to be switched off in 2024.

My guess is that MB do not provide new TomTom Live traffic subscriptions, but they are still honouring the existing subscriptions. When did you take out your current subscription? Either way, I don't think that your 2014/2015 car will have 4g.

EDIT: Also, to clarify, it's only the subscription-based TomTom Live traffic service that uses the 3g/4g network. The free TMS live traffic service receives the updates via the TMS antenna in the car and does not uses 3g/4g.
Ah that explains it.. the free tms via mercedes me goes through the antenna.. I didn't sign up to any subscriptions it just appeared when mercedes me was activated recently..

Ah that explains it.. the free tms via mercedes me goes through the antenna.. I didn't sign up to any subscriptions it just appeared when mercedes me was activated recently..

TMS is available by default with COMAND units, it's not related to Mercedes me.

TMS is available by default with COMAND units, it's not related to Mercedes me.
Oh strange then cos it only appeared once mercedes me services were activated..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom