• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New Member Glasgow

Craigyboy9

Car
Caddy Maxi 2009
Hi Everyone,

Just joined this morning, not a MB owner yet, and it might be a while depending on lockdown getting lifted. Currently driving a VW Caddy Maxi, but looking at a W212 estate to replace it, as we have a new baby and it’s no longer practical for part-time work and family duties. Hoping to get some honest info on the W212 and make a decision from there.

Thanks allowing me to join.

Cheers Craig

Welcome.. From what I have heard, rock solid car. I am sure current owners will chime in with any concerns or what to look out for..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Welcome.. From what I have heard, rock solid car. I am sure current owners will chime in with any concerns or what to look out for..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

That’s the plan! I’ve never owned a Merc in the past, mainly BMW and VW with a few old fast Fords when I first started driving in the mid 90’s. Always liked the Mercedes, but the ones I liked were mainly out of my price range.

Welcome, Craig, great choice for your 1st Merc, if budget allows, go for the 350 cdi. :)

Welcome, Craig, great choice for your 1st Merc, if budget allows, go for the 350 cdi. :)

Thanks!
I’ve been looking mainly at 250 blue efficiency, just with them being a bit more economic and cheaper on tax, but if the right 350 came up then of course I’d consider it.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

it’s about the only take away I can get here, think Dominoes are still doing deliveries as well. I could murder a fish supper though.

Welcome, Craig, and good luck in your car hunt.

Welcome - there used to be regular curry nights in Glasgow , hasn't been one for a while , but once this virus is all over watch out for another !

Excellent curry - and equally excellent company - well worth travelling quite a distance for!

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum!

I was in the same boat as you but managed to nab a pre lockdown deal lol

I was also debating the 250 vs 350 cdi and ended up with the 350, but depends on your requirements i suppose, all the best :)

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum!

I was in the same boat as you but managed to nab a pre lockdown deal lol

I was also debating the 250 vs 350 cdi and ended up with the 350, but depends on your requirements i suppose, all the best :)

How are you getting on with it?
My brother, ex BMW tech was saying that I shouldn’t spend all my cash on the car and it might be better to keep £1500 back as a just in case fund. It’s not my way of thinking, but I can see his point. :wallbash:

Push for the right 350, you will really love it. It’s really the one to have and a big Merc should always be a 6/8 cylinder.

My friend bought a 250 without driving a 350 and when I took him out in ours, I thought he was going to cry. The smoothness of both engine and ride quality (they use different bushes) is very evident.

How are you getting on with it?
My brother, ex BMW tech was saying that I shouldn’t spend all my cash on the car and it might be better to keep £1500 back as a just in case fund. It’s not my way of thinking, but I can see his point. :wallbash:

well apart from the 200 mile drive home and a few short trips around me it's not been driven much lol but it is such a nice car and it has exceeded my expectations :)

I've noticed a couple of small things that need sorted since i got it home so yeah having a little set aside for maintenance isn't a bad idea but with having a family garage I'm lucky that things don't cost me as much as it should which does help a bit.

Welcome from a Glasgow Merc Owner Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom