New Mustang

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on these?

Just before I bought the new cars, I was considering either a mustang or a CLA45, but I couldn't pass up on the deal that was thrown my way on the C250 & A250.

When I'm next looking to change, it's still between these two cars.

Anyone with first hand experience will help :)

Thanks in advance

How does what work? The fact I ended up with the A and C?

Guy at work has one on order.
Around 12 month delivery, his is due early next year.
I could give an update when it arrives.

I took one for a test drive, and I loved it. Was a bit worried that I wouldn't like the interior, but it surprised me as I thought it was quite nice and well put together.

Also, the big kid in me loved the horse projected on the floor from the puddle lamps lol

Defo the Mustang, sorry but I'm not a fan of the CLA, looks like a fish or a melted something....

But if you go Mustang must be a V8! Ok the other engines in the RS but it's a Mustang and I can see the day V8s die, and it's getting closer!

What Lennox said and the horse projected on the floor would swing it for me too.

Has to be the v8 and for pure bhp per £ don't think nothing else touches it for a brand new car I'm seriously thinking about it but waiting for the waiting list to go down and to see if possibly a special edition will be released with more bhp's

I don't like either car but comparing the mustang to an MB is like comparing tesco value Yorkshire puddings to aunt Bessie's its just cheap ****e. I've driven loads of them and yes the V8 is better than the 2litre lump in the cla but I'd still go for the cla over the lethargic mustang. At least the cla feels like a drivers car the mustang feels outdated and is certainly well outclassed by anything from the MB performance stable. There's a reason american cars don't sell well over here it has to be more than a big block these days to give the all round driving experience

It definitely would be the V8 over the 2.3 ecoboost, and I understand that it's not the best car in the world, but I love the look of the thing!

And I guess I've always wanted a mustang lol

For me it would be a convertible with all the extras.

The build quality was what I was worried about most, but having taken one for a test drive, I didn't think it was bad at all.

My son had the Cla amg I thought it was a great car but you need to wait for the engine to warm up before you could push the car.

I am not a fan off the Screens that seem to be just left in the middle of the dash board imo these should drop inside the dash out of site when you don't need them but never less a great car.

The Mustang is a good car with appeal but imo it is not a performance car nor is it the quality car it should be but that no surprise the American car market still struggles with quality finishing on their cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love the CLA45! I love the look of it (which I know seems to be marmite on here) and it's quicker and cheaper to run than the Mustang, but the Mustang is cheaper to buy, and for me is a more desirable car.

Seeing Steves gorgeous CLA45 on here has just stirred the hornets nest for me again lol before that post, I was very much in the Mustang camp, and fully intended to buy a Mustang before I was offered such a good deal on my current car.

Think I'm just too fickle!

I think they're really good value, I know someone who's ordered one and like he said - for the price of a diesel E-Class; why not buy a 415bhp V8 muscle car?

My son had the Cla amg I thought it was a great car but you need to wait for the engine to warm up before you could push the car.

I am not a fan off the Screens that seem to be just left in the middle of the dash board imo these should drop inside the dash out of site when you don't need them but never less a great car.

The Mustang is a good car with appeal but imo it is not a performance car nor is it the quality car it should be but that no surprise the American car market still struggles with quality finishing on their cars.

A man after my own heart I Will never buy a new MB while they have those stupid iPad screens just got my daughter a vw polo if the a class did not have that stupid screen it would have been a different decision same with my golf r it would have been an a45 except for that stupid screen

Last edited:
A man after my own heart I Will never buy a new MB while they have those stupid iPad screens just got my daughter a vw polo if the a class did not have that stupid screen it would have been a different decision same with my golf r it would have been an a45 except for that stupid screen

Just out of curiosity, does your daughter hate the screens just as much, or was it very much your decision?

Just out of curiosity, does your daughter hate the screens just as much, or was it very much your decision?

No not as much as me but she really doesn't like them and it did affect her decision she prefers them integrated into the dash or the ones that pop up out of the dash.

When it comes to cars for SWMBO & JSWMBO its a very personal thing and very much their decision, I'm just there to Advise and do the final negotiation.

Isn't that the sensible way to treat any car?

Its not the screen it that lack of option to hide it that my main gripe.

Randomly clocked 2 Mustangs yesterday within 5 minutes.

It's a really good looking car in the flesh. Didn't think I'd like it but it did have something about it that made me think yeah why not if I had the money and space for one.

No not as much as me but she really doesn't like them and it did affect her decision she prefers them integrated into the dash or the ones that pop up out of the dash.

When it comes to cars for SWMBO & JSWMBO its a very personal thing and very much their decision, I'm just there to Advise and do the final negotiation.

I guess the screens in the new MBs are just as marmite as the looks of the CLA.

Personally, I think they look good and I don't understand why anyone would want to hide them behind plastic dash trim, but each to our own.

Both my better half, and my daughter love the new A class, and it's probably more so the interior than the exterior that they like.

My daughter already wants to part ex her fiesta red for an A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom