• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New outgoing S 350 CDI ? Madness

tylerdurden

Considering getting a new car

The bonnet star is a must for me. Sad, I know, don't remind me.

There are a few current Sclasses being shifted with Diesel engines

Do ya reckon it's madness buying one in current climate?

Presume hard negotiation is possible and 0% finance

Considering getting a new car

The bonnet star is a must for me. Sad, I know, don't remind me.

There are a few current Sclasses being shifted with Diesel engines

Do ya reckon it's madness buying one in current climate?

Presume hard negotiation is possible and 0% finance

I think it depends on how long you are thinking of keeping it. There are some exceptional deals at the moment, particularly on cars with a list over £ 40k as the tax seems to be biting on sales (despite it being minor compared to purchase price). I think it will take some time before modern diesels are punished over hybrids / petrol.

I think you can gain what the market thinks by looking at the Optional Purchase on PCP. The MB site has a PCP on a S350d AMG Line with dealer contribution of £ 13k off a price of £ 71k = £ 58k. The Optional Purchase is £ 28k in 3 years = say 50% which isn't at all bad.

I have negotiated a stunning deal on a E350e but delivery seems to be going back !

S350d_zpsg4uydrcj.jpg

S350dpp_zpsbzrfmr9v.jpg

Wow; the new S looks amazing and a significant improvement

However, doubt there will be 0% finance and hefty discounting for a while unless economy goes **** up. On reflection, distinct possibility. Maybe wait for new one unless the discount on old one is massive

The deals are good at the moment, so it's a good time to buy. If you buy one on a pcp, you're protected against depreciation anyway, just hand it back if it's not worth the balloon. I've had a couple of S Class' go out recently that I've been able to do huge deals on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom