• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New SL500 R230 Owner

Rob7niner

Car
Mercedes SL500 R230
Hi all

Proud new owner of sl500 r230, coming from a modified Honda prelude vtec I sold recently, had for 10 years great car, but needed a change.

completely different beast, but liking so far..

so over xmas Ive developed a problem with the central locking, boot is wet so I assumed the component in the boot was getting wet. drove with the heating on full seemed to dry out and work again.

but today was dry and its not working so might start working again but I got a problem looks like. fuse is not blown, and key fob is working, lights flash but no action from the central locking.

regardless need to get the leak sorted, looks like common problem of the rear window seal where it joins, its dripping on one side.

wanted to pick someones brains on here regards to the part numbers.

I have part no: 230-790-27-98 for my year

but on later models part no: 230-790-31-98

my question is did the rubber have a revision/upgrade on later models or are they the same, this is the rear window lower seal.

the later one costs a touch more..

any help appreciated

Welcome.......

For the boot leak look here..... Boot leaks 230 update. - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums this is a better fix than changing the seal and much cheaper.

Also check for a leak in the passenger footwell, if the carpet is wet and you have water in the bottom of the air box, located under the passenger side bonnet vent, then you have the issue with the blocked drain in the air box. The latter will cause all sorts of electrical issues as a lot of the electronics are in the passenger footwell area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom