Newbie GLE 450

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Icondacarver

Car
GLE 450
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to the forum. I have a GLE450 (November 2019 build) with Airmatic that came to me in July 2020. Not really driven it much due to lockdown and such but noticed that the car is quite bouncy over bumps and uneven surfaces. On smooth roads it is a delight but the slightest bump gets me swaying, also noticed that on the motorway, I feel small bumps through the steering, for example if I change lanes and the tyres go over the cats eyes on the road I feel a judder through the steering.

This does not feel right, anyone with a GLE or any other car that had similar. I am about to call Merc to take it in but need to have an idea what to tell them to look for. I have had issues with Merc on a previous car where they simply run their diagnostic tool rather than take the car out and do a run to see the issue first hand :(

Anyway....Hi everyone, any help would be welcome

Hi and welcome.
If you feel judders through the steering when changing lanes it could well be the active lane keeping assist providing 'feedback' - turn it off.

Hi and welcome.
If you feel judders through the steering when changing lanes it could well be the active lane keeping assist providing 'feedback' - turn it off.
Never thought about that, I will try that this weekend. Thanks a lot

Hi, welcome - I wonder if the tyres are correct- type, quality, pressures, visit a good decent tyre centre for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom