Newbie - Vito sport X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunRoche

Car
Vito Brabus V6
Hi Chaps, Shaun here from deepest Mid-Cheshire!

Just bought a Vito Sport X, 2012, 142k on the clock, great condition but in need of a few little upgrades namely heated seats and a proper DAB radio! I love it though and it must be good as even Her in doors likes it...result!

It does have a vibration, but the previous owner has had a new propshaft fitted and new bushes and ARB - I'm having the wheels checked for cracks/buckling at the weekend so we'll see if that's at fault (they're 20" S Class rims)....

Naturally I've a load of questions but number one on the list is the DAB - I wan't to fit a DAB unit in place of the current OEM one that I can use with (or has included in) a rear parking camera. I will used the van to tow my sprint car and have been used to having a camera to accurately locate the towing hitch on the trailer.

So, I know there's loads on ebay and whilst I could go and choose just any old one, do I need to know something specific about the connections in the dash that I have to connect to? Does anyone have a specific unit they could suggest please?

Secondly, is it possible that the wires that would run from the heated seat switch be in the dash even if there's no switch? I ask as I fancy retro fitting an OEM switch unit and heated seat pads (inside the seats) as I like the look of the heated switch unit rather than sticking an extra non OEM switch on there...

Additionally, I'm also thinking, maybe of upgrading the brakes what with all the towing I do...?

Looking forward to getting stuck into forum life!
Cheers,
S :)

Hi & welcome! There are a few V6 Vito owners here :) One or two members have done quite a few mods & upgrades and I'm sure will be able to help (I'm actually surprised the Sport X didn't have heated seats as standard).

I'm having the wheels checked for cracks/buckling at the weekend so we'll see if that's at fault (they're 20" S Class rims)....

You need to be a bit careful there as you legally need rims (and tyres) that are rated for the MGW of the van (even if it will never be carrying that much weight). Insurers can also be funny about non-standard wheels on vans ... much more so than with cars (possibly because of the weight rating issue).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom