• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Newbie x

smurfett

Car
mg zr :(
Morning Guys n Girls,

I recently had the pleasure of driving a friends Merc, and well you could say bitten by the bug :) So will be looking for one as soon as I can sort my current box on wheels out and sell it. As funds will be fairly restricted, I am thinking of possibly looking at '98/99 C200/220 auto, with around 100k on the clock. All advice and suggestions welcome please, also anything I should look out for, with that I mean gribbly bits.

Many thanks in Advance

Well what can i say, there was me misguided to thinking that this was a friendly helpful club, or is it that im female. Thanks for the lovely warm welcome I have had.

From a 38 yr Female, who can change a tyre, fill her oil and water, oh and has been known to carry out an engine change in a triumph herald, and do her own servicing.

Hi and welcome to the forum

My other half can`t stand me talking about cars,let alone her doing something on them
Can`t wait for my Son to grow up

Welcome to the forum sorry for the somewhat cold reception. That is a bit unusual for us.
Moving over from an MGZR to a Mercedes. Nice move.
Gribbly bits - Rust around the wheel arches. Ensure a continious service history and you should be OK.

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hi Smurf and welcome to the forum, search autotrader in essex for my bright red '03 C220d with unmarked bodywork and FSH.

I kinda got caught up in the moment when i px'd it (for my semi broken BMW:doh:) and let it go for a song, sure it had nothing to do with the attractive BMW sales person, ahem........ :o..... and I only just did the big service and change the glow plugs!!

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies,
D W124, I was a bit of a tomboy when growing up and kinda stuck, and learnt a lot from my father and really don't mind the oil under the finger nails :)
Trapper cheers for the heads up on the arches and history side of things, most that I have looked at so far have had a fair amount of s/h.
And Black Rat think we have something in common, 42 or 01??

Cheers again

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies,
D W124, I was a bit of a tomboy when growing up and kinda stuck, and learnt a lot from my father and really don't mind the oil under the finger nails :)
Trapper cheers for the heads up on the arches and history side of things, most that I have looked at so far have had a fair amount of s/h.
And Black Rat think we have something in common, 42 or 01??

Cheers again

Well my waist is working on 42 inches but apart from that you got me. 42 /01 ??

Perhaps i misunderstood your job description (Black rat)

LOL well my stunning photo of me kitted up to pop out and patrol the motorways in sub zero temps on my (groan.....police BMW motorcycle) is a good pointer, though you still have me at 42 and 01?:)

Essex SW BD, but difference being is support staff or glorified receptionist which ever suits at the time

Cheers, nice to know we are of some use :) x Just had a look at the autotrader and couldnt find yours?? have you got the link if that is allowed?

Would love too but the indi I brought the BMW from sold it on to another dealer. Assumed it was still In Essex though.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom