Not technically a new member, just back after a 6 yr gap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome back

Nice car but I’d get some new rims ;)

I had one exactly the same year and colour back in 2001.Yours looks in extremely good condition , how many miles ???
Swopped the standard 15" rims for replica 17" 5 spoke AMG versions , didn't effect the ride but sharpened up the roadholding quite a bit.
Only problem was that I had to shorten the rear wheelbolts by about 20mm to stop them fouling the inboard discs.

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Mileage is 103k
There is slight bubbling (about the size of 50p) just forward of the offside front wing which I will get sorted in the summer.

I like the rims.

5000 miles a year , easy life really. Alloys were 17" dia with Continental tyres , car was also much quieter , can't remember what it had on originally.

Sorry to be a nosey sod but DVLA reckon the mileage on 4th March was 112,900 and is currently untaxed, assume you haven't picked it up yet.

Oh dear

Not picked up yet, mileage might be what you said, I looked at six different cars, so might have been confused. Its paid for will collect on Sat. Happy to answer any other questions.

and I still like the rims

And I'm still a nosey sod , too much time on my hands sometimes. Still a nice car , mine was a manual.
Being nosey again , what other cars was it up against before you picked the SLK ?

Last edited:
I looked at two MX5's and a Mr2 (not sure what made me to do that). Then two other SLK's one silver which I guess was the 103k car which I made an offer on and the seller agreed only to back out the next day, and a blue one but that one just didn't feel right.

The Slk won out because in some ways I felt like I was back in a smaller version of my old W124 Ce 320... of which there should be many posts on this forum about that car.

Not picked up yet, mileage might be what you said, I looked at six different cars, so might have been confused. Its paid for will collect on Sat. Happy to answer any other questions.

and I still like the rims
Welcome back.
Nice little roadster. You'll be excited then about Saturday. Looks very original and in molested. Enjoy and I hope its dry on Saturday. :)

Could not wait until Sat, took the day off and picked up the car earlier this morning. Snapped a quick pick before I got home

slk1.jpg

She is now taxed and insured.....;)

And I still like the rims.:p

The rims make it stand out, make a nice change

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom