OBD2 not scanning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazma

Car
E220d
Hi All,

I have a w213 e220 and engine light came on, I’m trying to use a scanner to see the error code but it’s not picking up anything, just says it can’t connect. Looking into this further someone suggested that the diagnostic fuse might be missing and looking at the diagram it’s in fact missing. However the diagram doesn’t tell me what amp it is so not sure what to do. It’s F323 but no amp is indicated.

I’m an IT project manager, so knowledge about cars is very limited. Appreciate any guidance.

Are you trying this with ign on?
What obd dongle &app or diagnostic kit are you using?

Last time this happened to me I hadn't turned the ignition fully on.

Are you trying this with ign on?
What obd dongle &app or diagnostic kit are you using?
It’s MP69035. It works with my brothers 2017 GLA so thought it would work with mine.

Ignition is on. It it says error in communication with ecu

I’ve attached the fuse diagram. F323 is diagnostic but no fuse is in there so looks a bit odd. What’s also odd is that it doesn’t mention what amp is the fuse
IMG_7742.png

But I am not really sure if it’s fuse issue because the scanner is powering up and attempting to scan. The scanner works with my brothers GLA 2017, my car is 2016 (w213). Really confusing.

On My W204 there was a 7A fuse that fed live 12v to pin no 1 on the OBDII port.

On My W204 there was a 7A fuse that fed live 12v to pin no 1 on the OBDII port.
I’m thinking the scanner I have isn’t compatible with my car because it does power up (the scanner). Taking the car later to a local mechanic who will attempt to scan for £20. Figures crossed. Will update here later just in case it happens to someone else as it’s very difficult to find info online.

The mechanics diagnostic tool worked fine. It turned out to be a NOx sensor error (
1.P300651 The NOx sensor 1(cylinder bank 1) has a malfunction
)

He cleared it and said it may not come again and if it does then need to replace. Have been reading online on it and looks like it’s an expensive one. Don’t think that dealers would do it under any goodwill gesture as I never service my car with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom