• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

OM642 2009 E350CDI - 02 Sensors - C207

MadManJaMeS

Car
E350 CDI, C207, 2009
Hello all,

I wanna clean the 02 sensors on my car. Its at nearly 200k miles, so thinking it would be handy to clean them.

The issue i have is, i can only see one sensor.

I've had the car up on a ramp last night. And myself and the mechanic can only see one just after the Cat.

There are none on the exhaust further down or under the car which seems odd.

Can anybody advise how many there should be and possibly where they are ?

Its an E350 Coupe 2009 C207

Hello all,

I wanna clean the 02 sensors on my car. Its at nearly 200k miles, so thinking it would be handy to clean them.

The issue i have is, i can only see one sensor.

I've had the car up on a ramp last night. And myself and the mechanic can only see one just after the Cat.

There are none on the exhaust further down or under the car which seems odd.

Can anybody advise how many there should be and possibly where they are ?

Its an E350 Coupe 2009 C207

There's only one on the diesel buddy.

Excellent.

I'll try give it a clean. Don't fancy the £350 Merc have quoted me for a new one !

£86 for a Bosch one . Easy enough to swap out .

£86 for a Bosch one . Easy enough to swap out .
Yeah,

I'll clean it first. see how that goes.

I have a new PCV valve to fit this weekend too and will clean the EGR valve. I think the fact oil have been going through the turbo has sooted stuff up a bit.

Yeah,

I'll clean it first. see how that goes.

I have a new PCV valve to fit this weekend too and will clean the EGR valve. I think the fact oil have been going through the turbo has sooted stuff up a bit.

Good luck getting the egr out. 👍

Good luck getting the egr out. 👍
Mine has been in and out more often than me over the last few months thankfully.

Had it out last weekend too lol

Hopefully after all this i can get my mpg back up. Since it had the oil cooler seals done by MB Oxford after Xmas the fuel economy has gone to pot !

Mine has been in and out more often than me over the last few months thankfully.

Had it out last weekend too lol

Hopefully after all this i can get my mpg back up. Since it had the oil cooler seals done by MB Oxford after Xmas the fuel economy has gone to pot !

Sure they didnt do the software upgrade?

How much did they charge for the oil cooler seals.

They did it on my 2010 W25 (same engine)0. Who knows. If it was on the recall list, it was in the list.

Makes you wonder how long mb have lied then .

I’ve used a Bosch O2 sensor for the last couple of years on my 2009 E320cdi without issue

It had the software recall done ages ago.

The airbag was done last year too.

I couldn't get the 02 sensor out. So will order one of those tools soon and do it, give it a clean see how it goes. It not i'll buy a bosch one for £80

They charged just over £500 to do the seals. But only the seals. They originally wanted to replace the whole cooler but i told them i can't afford the extra £160 for it. So only the seals was done.

It had the software recall done ages ago.

The airbag was done last year too.

I couldn't get the 02 sensor out. So will order one of those tools soon and do it, give it a clean see how it goes. It not i'll buy a bosch one for £80

They charged just over £500 to do the seals. But only the seals. They originally wanted to replace the whole cooler but i told them i can't afford the extra £160 for it. So only the seals was done.

Tbh the O2 is simply for fuelling . The one I replaced did bugger all on my w219 V6 . I mays well of just left it . 🤣

Well thats the problem. Its using a lot of fuel lol

Well thats the problem. Its using a lot of fuel lol

I'd be checking it's working at all then before you bother to pull it to clean it , mayswell buy a new one and do it once if you find out it's broken firstly.

It ain’t throwing up any codes.

So i assume its good. Chances are its never been changed and with the car at 193k miles. Its worth giving it a clean before i spend another £80 on it.

It ain’t throwing up any codes.

So i assume its good. Chances are its never been changed and with the car at 193k miles. Its worth giving it a clean before i spend another £80 on it.

It's been a good one then , mine died around 60k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom