On the CL 65 theme...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
UK cars seem to have more interesting color schemes than the ones i see in the US which are mostly black (like mine) or silver.

Since the recent CL65 thread, got me lurking at them (500, 55, etc) in general. Do love the W215 (despite its foibles) and coupled with the M113K, it must be a nice place to be. Nice colour combo @E55BOF ;)

2004 MERCEDES-BENZ CL55 V8 KOMPRESSOR 507 BHP AMG AUTO, BLUE, LEATHER, AIRCON | eBay

It certainly is lovely. All it needs is a half-timbered wheel, and it would be absolutely perfect for my tastes. If only there was a W164 ML420 or 500 for sale in that colour, I think I'd have to buy it.

Reactions: Abb
Beautiful car, but the biturbo only came out in 2003 and the engine is listed on the seller's website as 5786cc, which is not the biturbo at 5513cc ?

That is an early biturbo (2002 onwards). You can tell from the brakes, tail/head lights and facelift interior.

Lovely lovely cars! But at what maintenance/servicing per year? Back of mind someone told me could be approx £6k per annum?

Worth every penny if I had it! Some of sleekest Mercs ever, and such gorgeous blocks too.

Lovely lovely cars! But at what maintenance/servicing per year? Back of mind someone told me could be approx £6k per annum?

Worth every penny if I had it! Some of sleekest Mercs ever, and such gorgeous blocks too.

I owned a couple of 215 CL's (V8, V12) and currently daily a S65 W221. I spent less than that on maintenance/servicing of all 3 rides in my entire ownership.

I'm sure you can spend even more in the first month - just hand your car over to any MB dealership for a "check up".

Since buying my CL600 5 years ago I've had 3 services and had to replace the coil packs and the suspension pump. Both the latter were known issues with the model and, at 46K miles at purchase, there was a fair chance I'd get caught for those. She's on 64K now.

Tyres are not too bad and I've had to replace the fronts once and it's on the second set of rears. Around £600 for a full set of premium tyres.

If you get a car with the coil packs and suspension issues sorted, then it's not too bad.

Did I mention the suspension arms? The near front one needs to be replaced, so presumably I'll have to have both fronts done. Not much change from €1200 I'm told.

And the oil cooler leaks - not much again a known issue but expensive to cure, so most owners (judging by the American forums) just live with it.

So, excluding tyres, I reckon it's cost me around €8,500, around £7,400 over 5 and a half years.

Include the tyres and £2k p.a. wouldn't be too far away, perhaps.

Will I sell it? Only to get another '600 or even a '65 in a nicer colour .... mine is silver with black interior. Friends say it's classy but I would prefer a non-grey/silver exterior and grey or beige interior. It's roomy ... takes 4 adults easily.

A lot of people seem to forget that a high ticket car will still require high ticket maintenance.

Lovely cars, the 215s and the blue one (tanzanite over savannah by the look of it) is a beautiful combination. But then Im biased as my cls55 is the same combo

Always fancied a nice Bi-Turbo as my love affair with my TTRS is waining ,but is this a Bi-Turbo ? It says its 5.8 engine & so I'm not sure, Its listed as one, also says he's a Mercedes club member so he should know,anyone here ?
Mercedes Benz CL600 Bi-Turbo V12 | eBay

Looks like he has the suspension on high.

Beautiful car, but the biturbo only came out in 2003 and the engine is listed on the seller's website as 5786cc, which is not the biturbo at 5513cc ?

I still reckon it's a pre-biturbo model - see here:

2002 Mercedes Benz CL600 For Sale | Car And Classic

The bodywork and interior look exactly the same as my 2003 biturbo, but with the old 5.8 unit.

My apologies, you're correct ... sadly, these old eyes needed the mega-zoom facility to see those!

The massive brakes are the easiest way to tell! You see a fair few early ones about with facelifted tail lights. I do miss my 215 and 220, the power/torque from that AMG engine was insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom