Only one in the country?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what a rare car .. just make sure it is actually the V8 .. no pics of the engine

what a rare car .. just make sure it is actually the V8 .. no pics of the engine
The VIN decoder confirms it is and the garage sold it to the current owner 4 years ago, so I think he'd have noticed! But thanks for the thought.

To help with the anticipation:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To help with the anticipation:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hehehe!! (Big cheesy grin on my face now!)

Congrats..........that is a lot of car for the price. Nice colour too:thumb:

It may have been built by Mercedes as a homologation car, in case they wanted to sell that particular derivative in the UK - or indeed in other RHD markets. When I worked for a manufacturer (subsidiary), Head Office in Sweden would often "offer" me peculiar specification cars built for homologation purposes, or as tests for other RHD markets. These cars were produced by the factory without an order from an importer, and so just sat around the factory until the bean counters realised they could be disposed of. Because the UK was the largest RHD market where they owned the importer, we took the cars, and usually ran them on company fleet before selling them as used.

They were always high specification, as the manufacturer used these cars to make sure that every combination of options would work together on the car.

Hehehe!! (Big cheesy grin on my face now!)

Lovely looking car, superb colour combination. I wish my 5.5 E-class was as quiet and refined as that, too.

Stunning new toy.
95 k to sub 20 k in 6 years is a lot of depreciation, I am glad I did not not buy in new !. Lovely colour and sumptious interior. Is it just me or in pic 3 do the rear lights look like a big pair of lips with some shiny white teeth inside.?
How long before you collect it ?? Exciting times for you.

Steve
Thanks Steve
I'm not convinced the 95k figure is correct, as a lot of the toys came as standard on the 500, but it's still a huge drop I agree. Either way, for the price it is now, I'm happy.
I'm picking it up on 13th Oct, as we are on holiday in France at the moment and that's the earliest I can get to Surrey. But I reserved it last Sunday, which also happened to be my birthday and did the deal on the phone from the Château de Villandry, which is one of our favourite places, so it will always have those special connections for me too!
Really looking forward to picking it up now, even more so after the kind comments from our resident experts on here.

It may have been built by Mercedes as a homologation car, in case they wanted to sell that particular derivative in the UK - or indeed in other RHD markets. When I worked for a manufacturer (subsidiary), Head Office in Sweden would often "offer" me peculiar specification cars built for homologation purposes, or as tests for other RHD markets. These cars were produced by the factory without an order from an importer, and so just sat around the factory until the bean counters realised they could be disposed of. Because the UK was the largest RHD market where they owned the importer, we took the cars, and usually ran them on company fleet before selling them as used.

They were always high specification, as the manufacturer used these cars to make sure that every combination of options would work together on the car.

This is really interesting to read. It reminds me of something similar that I considered buying before I got my E500. It was a 2010ish BMW550i estate, the new F10 model. I was fairly sure this model didn’t exist (only 550i saloons were marketed) but there it was being sold by a BMW dealership at 4 years old. They were asking an arm and a leg for it so I passed that up and kept searching for an E500 estate instead. But I always wondered how it came to exist and sometime regretted not buying it since it seemed likely to be a one-off.

Superb. I'm very glad I didn't see it as I'd have been sorely tempted to replace the e55 with that and not buy the c55 we just have.
There's still a cls63 estate for sale in that colour, can't believe why it's not sold. But its at 31k so 19 for a similar age isn't bad.

An S212 E500 estate for sale today on AT in London area .....

As always with these, quite a high price for an 8-year-old car; will be interesting to see how long it is on AT given the way they usually sell like hot cakes. This is - I think - the 7th one I’ve seen for sale in 4 years.

I'd rather have the blue S211 that is also on AT, despite the mileage; much nicer, more 'Mercedes' interior, bombproof engine, and sensibly priced. I bought my 212 for the performance, but apart from that (and the reversing camera, tbh) I preferred the 211.

Lovely car and as you say very rare. We have a 2017 220 model which we purchased last November as an ex demo. It had only 700 miles and it looks a stunner in Obsidian Black with Ivory trim plus the privacy glass as in yours. Even with the 2.1 engine it tows our caravan with ease and is comparable with our late 3.0 XF
On a recent holiday trip over two weeks we spotted only one other shooting brake but oddly on a trip out locally yesterday we spotted two so they must be popular up in Ayrshire.

Great car and colour. Nice change from the usual blacks and silvers

Thanks Steve
I'm not convinced the 95k figure is correct, as a lot of the toys came as standard on the 500, but it's still a huge drop I agree. Either way, for the price it is now, I'm happy.
I'm picking it up on 13th Oct, as we are on holiday in France at the moment and that's the earliest I can get to Surrey. But I reserved it last Sunday, which also happened to be my birthday and did the deal on the phone from the Château de Villandry, which is one of our favourite places, so it will always have those special connections for me too!
Really looking forward to picking it up now, even more so after the kind comments from our resident experts on here.

Yep, won't have been that much.

My CLS63 was £84,353 with options

Dealerships can produce an OASIS report which lists the base price of the car and each individual option. The OASIS report will confirm the new list price of the OP’s car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom