• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Paint spot removal

JustmeJB

Car
2017 E Class Estate
Hi, looking for recommendations to remove small white dots of paint on my car. There's spots randomly pretty much all over the paintwork so not too sure what's happened prior to me buying her. I've tried DAing using the Meguires ultimate compound as part of the process I went through to remove swirl marks but that didn't really make much difference.

Not particularly bothered if I need to remove each individual spot but obviously if they can be removed multiple at a time that would be better.

Really going to depend on the type of paint....which I realise will be difficult to know. If its car paint than judicious use of thinners on a rag will remove it....along with all your wax!......but if it house gloss or something else you might need to be finding something more aggressive. Real detailing experts will be along any moment!!!

Really going to depend on the type of paint....which I realise will be difficult to know. If its car paint than judicious use of thinners on a rag will remove it....along with all your wax!......but if it house gloss or something else you might need to be finding something more aggressive. Real detailing experts will be along any moment!!!
Thanks and I should've mentioned in the original post that it appears to be white house paint or something like that. Definitely not car paint so it may be that removal of the spots will result in the need for a full detail again which at the end of the day is a nice thing to do anyway with the right tools and waxes etc.

If they won’t come off with solvent/thinners might be with trying a clay bar :thumb:

Oooh clay bar is a good shout. I've given it a clay bar already but didn't focus on the spots so I might try the bar on one of the spots to see if it does anything. Cheers

I suppose you've tried the tar and glue removers / white spirit already so far?
But yes clay bar would be next
followed by another polish

I suppose you've tried the tar and glue removers / white spirit already so far?
But yes clay bar would be next
followed by another polish
Interestingly not tried the tar and glue removers as I didn't think they would be strong enough. Worth a try though before going in with harder stuff.

Try T&G or even fall out remover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom