• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pamper weekend

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Hey all,

Quite a while since I've last visited the forum, just went full time working for myself last November and it has been manic ever since! Starting to get a bit more time at least at weekends now though.

Anyways, I gave Patsy a bit of a treat this weekend. Named after Patsy Stone in AbFab, just like her she looks gorgeous, drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney lol. :D

Today was warm and dry so out with the wash stuff.

Snow foam, rinse, shampoo, dry and a quick splash of AutoGlym Aqua Wax.
Also gave the engine a quick going over to remove some dust.
Interior got a good going over, glass cleaned, everything else is pretty much leather so just LTT maintain on everything to clean and top up the protection.

Some pics of a hard days graft:

I don't bother with tyre dressing in winter. I will get the new black lug nuts to replace those rusty things too.

Even got my LED sidelights fitted, that was a bit of a job! Didn't quite pull out, required some gentle persuasion with a screw driver...

The only ugly bit is the glass, where water has got between the two panes. Dealers will be taking care of next week though. ;) Ordered the correct AMG floor mats too, hates those corrugated things!!

Not sure what plans I have this year to be honest. Got an Eisenmann sport exhaust coming (thanks to Alx) which I just couldn't pass up on.

Will get the front bumper resprayed as there are a few little chips on there. Callipers resprayed/refurbed would be good too but not sure how to go about that yet. After the respray, I will have a full paint correction done by a pro as I don't have the time to do it myself sadly.

Trip to MSL will be on the cards at some point probably Spring/Summer, thinking probably just a S/C pulley and remap but could be enticed into more.

Anyway, thanks for looking and sorry for the long winded post!

Lovely. You're near me , wanna do mine !!

What is the dealer going to do with your windows ? I have the pulley and remap, you will need the Quaife LSD fitted after that !! I must admit that is one of the best mods I have had done.

Just seen the exhaust post, your having new glass. Well worth it.

Last edited:
Lovely. You're near me , wanna do mine !!

Believe me, I barely have time to do my own at the moment!!! :(

What is the dealer going to do with your windows ? I have the pulley and remap, you will need the Quaife LSD fitted after that !! I must admit that is one of the best mods I have had done.

Just seen the exhaust post, your having new glass. Well worth it.

Hi Peter, yes, booked into the dealers to have all the side windows replaced as there is absolutely nothing that can be done to fix them. The cost is outrageous but will make a huge difference so well worth it.

Roughly how much would I be looking at for getting all of that done and what gains would I see? I mean, it's fast enough as is and could do with a LSD already, trying to get traction on 1/4 mile runs is stupidly hard even with good tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom