• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Parking For the Royal Albert Hall

Don’t forget to pay ulez

Reactions: m80
Last time I went to the Royal Albert Hall, I parked (pre-booked) in the college immediately behind the RAH.

Edit: it’s Imperial CollegeCar Park, £11. (Plus the Mayor’s various levies?)
Last time I went to the Royal Albert Hall I went by coach and parking was someone else's problem. Not that the traffic was so bad back in the early 60's when I was part of the choir performing Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No, that wasn't me!

Or park on Darrell's drive.
Well, sil was offering to take us in his shiny 2024 Range Rover.
Now he is asking if I want to drive. I guess he has heard about their reliability issues.

So that would have looked good on Darrel's drive.

Our less flash 2009, 211 less so.

Lookin' good to me.
The station has cheap parking, so hopefully finding a space there is simplest.
I guess I would need to download an app to pay 'em.
The bigger car park is in Bunns Lane opposite Langley Park. You’ll have no probs getting a space and there’s a dedicated gate that takes you onto the platforms. You’ll want platform 1 and you can swipe your debit card or whatever at that gate.

Not sure which app it is. It’ll be Y-Pay or PayByPhone.

Lookin' good to me.
The station has cheap parking, so hopefully finding a space there is simplest.
I guess I would need to download an app to pay 'em.
Park at Darrell's gaff and cadge a lift to the station from him.....:banana:

How was the show ?
Dr Who might know, but you'll have to ask me on Thursday.

But we saw Suzanne Vega last year, here in Buxton. If Cyndi can compete with her I'll be happy.
I hope Suzi returns, it was easier than seeing Cyndi will be. But not seeing Cyndi was a big regret, so I'm pleased she is stopping off in London on her way home. There are still one or two more experiences I would like before my bucket's full.

Dr Who might know, but you'll have to ask me on Thursday.

But we saw Suzanne Vega last year, here in Buxton. If Cyndi can compete with her I'll be happy.
I hope Suzi returns, it was easier than seeing Cyndi will be. But not seeing Cyndi was a big regret, so I'm pleased she is stopping off in London on her way home. There are still one or two more experiences I would like before my bucket's full.
Ah , really sorry about that.

I wouldn’t even entertain driving that far in - if I’m going to central London, I just chuck the car into Luton Airport Parkway, train to STP every 10 minutes. Car park was £7 last time I checked…

I wouldn’t even entertain driving that far in - if I’m going to central London, I just chuck the car into Luton Airport Parkway, train to STP every 10 minutes. Car park was £7 last time I checked…
Is that the one that caught fire last year?

Thanks for the suggestions, all good.

I basically followed up on Darell's travel guide.

Th drive down was sweet enough. Off the M1 at J2, by this time my daughter was driving Mrs Me's 211.
I saw the Kwik Fit as the land mark to turn left off the Gt N. Way, but daughter wafted past it. So we went round the back of the stadium, which I reckon encountered a bit more traffic.
Spaces at the Bunns Lane (station) car park, paid w/o issue via paybyphone (hate those apps, swiping would be easier).
Thames Link to Blackfriars, out and in for the tube to S. Kensington.

The Albert Hall is one impressive venue.
5,000 people is a lot of heat though.
Cyndi performed well, lots of energy for a 71y.o. The classics were a real pleasure live, as were some songs I hadn't heard before. It seemed pretty bassy earlier, maybe that's an age thing.

While I'm glad we did this. Travelling to London and not being able to enjoy more of it is a shame. Even though I reckon we've done lots and, pretty much, all the things there I would want to do (tourist wise), I could enjoy repeating one or two of the visits.
And getting back at 3am does take the edge of it all.

We're back for Springsteen next month. Just 2 of us. That's Wembley, on a Saturday. I've yet to plan that one.
Let's see how a 74y.o. compares to the last time I saw him, in the eighties.

Thanks for the suggestions, all good.

I basically followed up on Darell's travel guide.

Th drive down was sweet enough. Off the M1 at J2, by this time my daughter was driving Mrs Me's 211.
I saw the Kwik Fit as the land mark to turn left off the Gt N. Way, but daughter wafted past it. So we went round the back of the stadium, which I reckon encountered a bit more traffic.
Spaces at the Bunns Lane (station) car park, paid w/o issue via paybyphone (hate those apps, swiping would be easier).
Thames Link to Blackfriars, out and in for the tube to S. Kensington.

The Albert Hall is one impressive venue.
5,000 people is a lot of heat though.
Cyndi performed well, lots of energy for a 71y.o. The classics were a real pleasure live, as were some songs I hadn't heard before. It seemed pretty bassy earlier, maybe that's an age thing.

While I'm glad we did this. Travelling to London and not being able to enjoy more of it is a shame. Even though I reckon we've done lots and, pretty much, all the things there I would want to do (tourist wise), I could enjoy repeating one or two of the visits.
And getting back at 3am does take the edge of it all.

We're back for Springsteen next month. Just 2 of us. That's Wembley, on a Saturday. I've yet to plan that one.
Let's see how a 74y.o. compares to the last time I saw him, in the eighties.
I thought you might fly past the Kwik-Fit. It’s only a few more minutes on your journey if you go to the next set of lights and turn left in Holder's Hill Road.

Before we moved to Mill Hill we actually lived on the Great North Way at number 317 so I know the area like the back of my hand.

Blackfriars Thameslink Station is a great station. It’s literally on the bridge and the views down the Thames are breathtaking.

I worked on the RAH in about 2018 supplying the temporary water supplies for the refurb and the new underground carpark and loading bay. It’s a fascinating building.

You just had to go there. Next you'll be saying electric cars catch fire when you fill the tank with diesel...
How do you fill a nonexistent in the tank? 🤔😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom