Parktronic system off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimC007

Car
E350 CDI
2010 350e E class (W212) Hi, Yesterday the park sensor switch light came on by itself without pressing the switch. So system off. Checked today with iCarsoft and it doesn't show a sensor fault as i was expecting but A12500 - power supply of the sensors is outside valid range. (15.1v). Can anyone translate that into what is wrong and what the possible reason is for the fault and what to do fix it. It wont reset. Oh happy days!
Cheers Jim

Thats high, I;d put a voltmeter on the battery with engine running and make sure the alternator isn't making 15.1v

R

Reactions: Ted
Ok! Have tested battery a couple of times and voltage with engine running at battery is 14.7 v. I don’t have any other faults showing or dash lights. Hidden menu also shows 14.7 on battery when running. Is that too high?
Cheers Jim.

14.7 is the top end of the normal range.

It does seem slightly high, how is your battery, and have you had a new alternator or such ? The cheapest alternative is to try a different (used) parktronic module from eBay (and return it if it doesn't do the job)

R

It does seem slightly high, how is your battery, and have you had a new alternator or such ? The cheapest alternative is to try a different (used) parktronic module from eBay (and return it if it doesn't do the job)

R
Hi Richard. Battery less than 2 years old. No change to alternator or any electrics. Would you happen to know where the module is? I may just try that or go to local Indy. Thanks for your input

I have searched for the location of the parktronic module but can’t find any info for my E class W212 350 blue efficiency. Any help on its location would be greatly appreciated😁 Thanks.

I believe it is in the front passenger footwell, on the bulkhead with the engine compartment. Fold back the carpet, detach the cover, and it should be behind there.

I believe it is in the front passenger footwell, on the bulkhead with the engine compartment. Fold back the carpet, detach the cover, and it should be behind there.
Thanks I'll try that when its stops raining. Could be a while:rolleyes:.

Have now checked the part number on the original and a used replacement is on its way. Hoping it won’t need coded. Can I just plug it in or do I need to disconnect the battery before I do so? Thanks Jim

Just ensuring that the ignition is off should suffice before plugging it in. Not sure about coding - WIS indicates that a new module needs to be initialised using Star but a used module will hopefully just work.

Just ensuring that the ignition is off should suffice before plugging it in. Not sure about coding - WIS indicates that a new module needs to be initialised using Star but a used module will hopefully just work.
Thank you for your help.

Update. Hi all! Changed module, which was easy as carpet is designed to fold down for easy access. Started it up and all back to normal and working as it should . All well for 3 days then turned itself off as original fault. iCarsoft fault for power supply back plus A23255 not configured. So I'm not sure about not configured being a problem as it did work. Everything else working as normal, no warnings, no dash lights, car starts with no issues. So here is what I have to go on and would appreciate any thoughts on the power supply. Voltmeter on battery terminals - Engine on 14.7v. Engine off 12.51v
iCarsoft Battery Check - Engine off - 12.9v , Engine crank - 7.74v. Engine on Max 14.75v - 14.89v. Min - 14.75.
So how does that look? Oh Happy Days! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom