Petrol EGR delete?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendal2

Car
cls 320 cdi (2005)
Hi there I'm wondering if there are any benefits to deleting or removing the EGR from my car as its a Petrol engine?

W205 C350e)(2.0 petrol turbo plug in hybrid)

What are the pros and cons of me deleting it from my car? Also is a remap delete enough or would I still need a blanking plate?

Hi there I'm wondering if there are any benefits to deleting or removing the EGR from my car as its a Petrol engine?

W205 C350e)(2.0 petrol turbo plug in hybrid)

What are the pros and cons of me deleting it from my car? Also is a remap delete enough or would I still need a blanking plate?
I didn’t think egr’s caused any problems on petrol engines , I would save your money on a 2005 car , other stuff will be breaking soon enough ;)
Edit , just seen the title thought you were talking about the car on your user details

SIMPLE ANSWER - the disadvantages vastly outweigh any advantages --anyone who says otherwise hasn't thought it through. In todays increasingly complex engine management systems to achieve certain emission standards such ad hoc modifications are going to open any owner to a world of pain [ MB wont touch it in the event of problems, it will shed second hand value etc etc ] and possible illegality-- [MOT test, PCP terms, Insurance policy conditions etc etc]

Why would you want to remove it? Allegedly you have hybrid to lower the emissions , now you want to increase them?
This forum should ban threads about tampering with emission control devices,
A lots of garages making a fortune removing these devices and customers believe what they are told.
I have a diesel EGR and that hasn't caused me any issues , let alone petrol egr , very little soot to clog things.

Are you next going to remove the hybrid electric motors from it to save some weight?ooooops daisy just given u a bad idea there

Why would you want to remove it? Allegedly you have hybrid to lower the emissions , now you want to increase them?
This forum should ban threads about tampering with emission control devices,
A lots of garages making a fortune removing these devices and customers believe what they are told.
I have a diesel EGR and that hasn't caused me any issues , let alone petrol egr , very little soot to clog things.

Are you next going to remove the hybrid electric motors from it to save some weight?ooooops daisy just given u a bad idea there
What I do with my car is my responsibility. The reason for asking about egr delete is for performance gains, my plan is to use it as a track car. The electric motor gives me a nice boost.

Still the age old of less oxygenated combustion and the engine eating it's own poo .

I had a petrol turbo that accelerated smoothly but cruised like a kangaroo until I pulled and put a bolt in the end of the egr vac line .

What I do with my car is my responsibility. The reason for asking about egr delete is for performance gains, my plan is to use it as a track car. The electric motor gives me a nice boost.
To get any real performance benefits from your modification the ECU would need remapping.
The engine management system on a hybrid is very complex and highly integrated. Removing or otherwise modifying parts of the emission control system will trigger all sorts of errors.

You are perfectly correct in saying what you do to your car is your responsibility, so take that responsibility seriously and consider the effects of your actions on others.

what about your responsibilities to society?

if you want to be faster on track get some tuition.Or a faster car.

To get any real performance benefits from your modification the ECU would need remapping.
The engine management system on a hybrid is very complex and highly integrated. Removing or otherwise modifying parts of the emission control system will trigger all sorts of errors.

You are perfectly correct in saying what you do to your car is your responsibility, so take that responsibility seriously and consider the effects of your actions on others.
Thanks already got a remap tune on the car and now pushing 325Hp with 670Nm of torque. Trying to find as much power as possible from the car. If the engine goes bang thats fine too as its my track car project. Which is why the question is would a egr delete have benefits.

what about your responsibilities to society?

if you want to be faster on track get some tuition.Or a faster car.
What do you mean responsibilities to society? I'm talking about building a track car. This car won't be used on a public road and only on the track. Also of course I will be taking track lessons too but that isn't the question being asked. If you are not going to contribute to the thread then don't respond.

What do you mean responsibilities to society? I'm talking about building a track car. This car won't be used on a public road and only on the track. Also of course I will be taking track lessons too but that isn't the question being asked. If you are not going to contribute to the thread then don't respond.

you didn't say it was a track only car, not for use on the public highway...

i'll comment as I see fit on anti social behaviour - if you don't like the answers ("don't do it") don't ask the question

Thanks already got a remap tune on the car and now pushing 325Hp with 670Nm of torque. Trying to find as much power as possible from the car. If the engine goes bang thats fine too as its my track car project. Which is why the question is would a egr delete have benefits.
A track only car? That's different then..
The egr delete would have to be included in the remap to cancel out any possible conflicts with other ecu controls.
Does the remap have any effects on how the electric power is deployed, has it been optimised/improved by the remap?

A strange choice for a track only car. A relatively heavy car needing a lot of work to strip parts out.
A 2005 Impreza would have been a better choice, easy to tune up to 700 bhp for the same effort.

I assume track days are ok with any safety requirements for hybrid EVs...

A track only car? That's different then..
The egr delete would have to be included in the remap to cancel out any possible conflicts with other ecu controls.
Does the remap have any effects on how the electric power is deployed, has it been optimised/improved by the remap?
After my last post I've now done a decat downpipe and a new remap tune. The remap isn't effecting the electric end but only the petrol engine. Its much more responsive now with the decat and the car breathing freely. The electric motor is great at quick boosts out of corners.

Lmao this is a car forum with a bunch of snobs complaining about cars how about u just go on drive ur hybrid and stop wasting ur time here. His deleting his EGR so what ? I bet u leave ur tap running or waste some sort of electricity it’s all bad for the environment, his asking for pros and cons not ur opinions if it’s good for the environment. U know what I got 4 cars gonna delete 4 EGRs now just cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom