• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Phishing for spam

TC350

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350 Sport saloon. Previously CLK230K and E260 saloon. 25 years Mercedes ownership.
I get lots of phishing and plain spam emails every day, with ever-evolving AI making them even more frequent. Lots gets directed straight to junk mail folders and no doubt lots get thrown out by my email providers before even getting sent to me. So far I have had no problem identifying the unwanted/dangerous mail and deleting it, and mostly I block the senders in an attempt to reduce the numbers. But I do wonder if there's a limit to how many I can block before the file fills up. Does anyone here know?

[I still have to check my junk email folders before deleting their contents. The algorithms used by email software aren't foolproof - a few times emails from friends and relatives have been directed there!]

The same goes for the phone number blocking on my landline. Is that limited such that as a new number is blocked an earlier blocked number is released?

I get lots of phishing and plain spam emails every day, with ever-evolving AI making them even more frequent. Lots gets directed straight to junk mail folders and no doubt lots get thrown out by my email providers before even getting sent to me. So far I have had no problem identifying the unwanted/dangerous mail and deleting it, and mostly I block the senders in an attempt to reduce the numbers. But I do wonder if there's a limit to how many I can block before the file fills up. Does anyone here know?

[I still have to check my junk email folders before deleting their contents. The algorithms used by email software aren't foolproof - a few times emails from friends and relatives have been directed there!]

The same goes for the phone number blocking on my landline. Is that limited such that as a new number is blocked an earlier blocked number is released?
I believe the limit for MS Outlook is 500 blocked senders. For your landline, it depends on the phone you have connected to it; our Panasonic DECT handset system allows 1000 blocked number entries. Once you fill it up, you have to start deleting the older ones manually.

Which email service do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom