• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Playing Music Via USB

ChrisAP

Car
B Class Exclusive Edition Auto
I have just taken delivery of a B Class Exclusive Auto on a three year lease.

With my previous cars, a Renault Captur and Kia Venga I had a USB stick containing all my music files and played them OK. The tracks are in folders according to the artists name.

i have plugged the USB stick into the second USB port (it says the first port is for charging) on the Mercedes but when I search for device nothing is found. Have read through the manual and can't find any helpful info.

Hope someone can offer help on how to access my music.

Thanks

This might be an issue with the USB stick, or with the way it is formatted.

Try a different stick, and make sure it is fotmatted in FAT32.

Also make sure you didn't confuse the first USB port with the second... I would try both USB ports.

Reactions: Ted
I have just taken delivery of a B Class Exclusive Auto on a three year lease.

With my previous cars, a Renault Captur and Kia Venga I had a USB stick containing all my music files and played them OK. The tracks are in folders according to the artists name.

i have plugged the USB stick into the second USB port (it says the first port is for charging) on the Mercedes but when I search for device nothing is found. Have read through the manual and can't find any helpful info.

Hope someone can offer help on how to access my music.

Thanks
Check your files are mp3 format and have been written to the stick in data format ISO 9660 + joliet

Thanks for the replies. I used my backup USB stick and that worked. I have now reformatted the original stick and transferred the files to that and will give that a go again. As I said, this is the stick I have use don my two previous cars with no problem so it should work.

Will post back.

Reformatting has done the trick. Not sure why it didn't work first time but happy to have got it fixed.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom