please make a suggestion on suspension refresh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
So recently I replaced my rear springs on w219 cls 350. The springs are OEM merc stuff. Now I want to refresh the whole lot and there is two immediate options. 1) OEM springs all round coupled with sachs struts and mounts; 2) b4 bilstein shocks and bilstein top mounts. What do you guys think I should do? This car needs comfort over cornering ability as we dont drive the car hard.
Also is it ok to mix bilstein shocks and sachs mounts?

sachs are oem but thought maybe spend the 60 extra for a better ride possibly

I have fitted Bilstein B7's and Eibach springs. New Bilstein top mounts plus Lemforder drop links with new ARB bushes at the rear. Still thinking about the front roll bar, may go with Eibach rather than mess about with polybushes.

Presumably ment Billy B4 as 7 doesn't exist .

The Eibach front ARB will have polyurethane bushes as part of the kit .

Front or rear ARB poly bushes don't contribute to extra noise and vibration unlike poly in other areas like subframe mounting bushes .

Billy B4 dampers are OE but slightly uprated with a 1" plus sizing of alloy in mind that increases unsprung mass hense the higher reserves of damping usually described when in full of " high power reserves ," so for ultimate comfort a Sachs Super Touring should be selected .

Screenshot_20220208-164135_Chrome.jpg

I think I'll go for the b4 shocks and bilstein mounts

I'll keep you posted. I'll need to wait for delivery because Autodoc are pretty shit at delivery
Yep , allow a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom