Polishing hazed headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought I'd share this.

I used Autosol.

Before

48367973081_fb85219151_b.jpg

After

48368113192_19c0fbf4c3_b.jpg
Hi
Is that Autosol Metal Polish? Tempted as its £4 in Wilko.
How long does each headlight?
Thanks

See here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi
Is that Autosol Metal Polish? Tempted as its £4 in Wilko.
How long does each headlight?
Thanks

Yes the regular autosol. It probably took me about an hour to do the pair. Just stop when you're happy with the results.

I have used the meguires kit with the polish and drill pad. done a great job.

Dont laugh but standard t cut works as well if your using a machine

My SLK's got bad lights, I have some Autosol in the garage, so when I find some time over the festive break will give it a go and report.

Done, and it works.
Which UV clear cat do you suggest ?

I just applied wet and dry to the lens then used Brasso and it looked brilliant, now sprayed the clear coat and they are cloudy?? does it clear when it dries? I used Rust-Oleum crystal clear semi gloss...

There is always 'discussion' on whether to clear coat afterwards as certain clear coat products damage the plastic surface and some 'yellow' over time making it very difficult to re polish the lens. Some use ceramic coating.

Stealth, great 6 month old thread resurrection there buddy :thumb:

As said by several people, no need to clear coat. That’s what went cloudy in the first place, before you started polishing, not the plastic headlight lense itself :thumb:

The bulk of the work in restoring these is removing the oxidised coating with sandpaper, polishing the lenses is the nice easy bit! :)

The difference in light performance must be outstanding.

Thanks for the replies, I have now taken off the clear coat and polished the lenses, all good...:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom