Possible remapping advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brownbear247

Car
SLK 230 Convertible
Hi to all,
I would like some advice please. I purchased my SLK 230 1998 Kompressor last August. 91,000 on the clock it has a Full Service History previously owned by 2 Doctors and 1 surgeon. I have all the documentation all the MOT’s relevant receipts for tyres, bulbs and the like. I even have the original bill of sale. My post is as soon as I purchased it I had my mechanic who looks after my other car give it a full service even tho the last one had only taken place 6 months before and only done 298 Miles in that 6 months. He told me that in his mind with over 37 years experience I had purchased a lovely car and that he found no faults at all apart from a cracked front fog light. Anyways I’ll come to the point I am thinking of having my car remapped to possibly freshen up the car. I’ve looked around and had several quotes for the work to be done. I have looked at one company in particular and not just because of the figures he has quoted nor because of the price although I am taking this into consideration obviously. But the guy seems genuine and very very knowledgeable.
He has informed me my BHP would go from 193bhp to 230bhp. Torque would go from 280(nm) to 345(nm).
As I have no idea if this would be true or even achievable I need some honest opinions and no better place to ask this but on here. He also maintains it would improve throttle response and drivability with any flat spots would be smoothed out.The price would include a free electronic diagnostic check a lifetime software warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee.Could I please have your thoughts as they would be very much appreciated. The price quoted to me was £249.99.
Many thanks in advance.
Regards and best wishes.
Stewart Brown

Hi, not too familiar with the petrol engines, but those figures look like claimed diesel remap ones.
My understanding is petrols are far harder to get decent increases without modding supercharger pulleys?

Hopefully one of the site guru's will chime in shortly, but I am sceptical at present he may remove flat spots but even that is difficult without using a rolling road.

Going on your location, I would take the car to the Essex branch of MSL and ask their opinion.
MSL are a leading company in tuning/remapping Mercedes and they will tell you what can be achieved without any bull.
To get an extra 37bhp with just a map on your car sounds a bit of a stretch and without a before and after dyno run cannot be proved one way or another.

Prestige & MSL Performance
7 Coppen Road,
Dagenham,
Essex,
RM8 1HJ
020 8592 8849

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom