Privilege reward loyal customers - not!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Mrs P is due to renew the insurance on her 2007 SLK 200K with a Tracker

Currently with Privilege and her renewal quote is £350.86.

60 years of age, 5K miles per year and 19 years NCD.

Just been looking at Meerkats and the quote came in at £175 with -- wait for it -- or are you already ahead of me on this one?

Yup, you guessed Privilege!

This is just taking the pi$$

I think there is another banking style scandal hiding behind the insurance companies.

It seems that morality no longer has a place in business, and that is something that I think is very wrong.

Normal insurance practice these days.

They give you a good price the first year then double it when it's time to renew.

Go directly to Privilege and haggle. If they won't play, go with the meerkats.

I've just left them after 6 years - wanted a tracker to cover the GL for theft and £200 over the odds. I've always found them good to deal with, but money is money!

Lazy people get penalised - that's how it works..

i.e. if you can't be ****d to shop around they will lift your leg at renewal time..

p.s. if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it ;)

Normal insurance practice these days.

They give you a good price the first year then double it when it's time to renew.

Go directly to Privilege and haggle. If they won't play, go with the meerkats.

We've been with then for over 12 years and have often haggled down the premium or been given free breakdown cover, etc..

This is the first time they have been the cheapest on the comparison sites - and by so much.

I rang Elephant at renewable time and literally asked for a discount. They gave me £50 loyalty discount making it cheaper than Meerkat !

Mr P has been in touch with Privilege who have matched the price from the Meerkats and thrown in another year's free breakdown cover.

My quote with Privilege was £490 and Meerkats came up with like-for-like with Co-operative at £302. Privilege reduced by £90 but still £100 adrift.

Just paid up with Co-op!

That a saving in our household of some £400!

Thank you Meerkats

I just got quote from Aviva = £1945 for E320 :eek:

Cheapest quote on Moneysupermarket £360 :dk:

I had the same issue with Privilege so I called them and they dropped my renewal to match the online Privilege quote.

David

Absolutely par for the course for insurers to grab the cash on renewals, they are relying on people not bothering to shop around. Funnily enough the "higher earners" are a sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom