Problems with the Mercedes 212 air suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vladjok

Car
Mercedes 212 300 disel
Hello, I recently replaced the valve block of the air suspension in my Mercedes 212, but after a few days the "airmatic malfunction" error appears again, the car raises, lowers, holds well, what could be, thanks, please help.

Have you got full Airmatic or just the self levelling at the rear?

And does it drop over the course of a few days or not?

I have full Airmatic and mine started dropping at the rear. The diagnosis was that it would be the bags, the valve block or the lines. The most likely being the bags.

I took a punt and replaced the bags with Arnotts from Autodoc and it cured the problem. On 212's they seem to fail from 10 years old.

Have you got full Airmatic or just the self levelling at the rear?

And does it drop over the course of a few days or not?

I have full Airmatic and mine started dropping at the rear. The diagnosis was that it would be the bags, the valve block or the lines. The most likely being the bags.

I took a punt and replaced the bags with Arnotts from Autodoc and it cured the problem. On 212's they seem to fail from 10 years old.
I have fully airmatic, the car does not fall, raises, lowers clearly, holds.

You need to read the codes to see what is causing the warning on the dash.

Good morning, diagnostics showed tightness of the valve block, I replaced the air suspension valve block with a new one. The error shows when I drive on a bad road (bumps, potholes).

Hello, I don't know what to do, I will probably have to sell my Mercedes W212, now in the war, it is very difficult and expensive to maintain and service the car.

Hello, I don't know what to do, I will probably have to sell my Mercedes W212, now in the war, it is very difficult and expensive to maintain and service the car.
If the suspension is otherwise working as it should - could it be a poor connection or earth somewhere if it's generating a code when going over rough roads? Could be worth systematically going through all the connectors with some contact cleaner and making sure they are all secure? I guess more difficult to identify if it is a poor connection along one of the wires somewhere but might be worth trying the connectors first?

I hope you are doing ok in the current situation. I work with UGV, Ukrnafta, Ndigas etc and so have been speaking to many of my contacts in Ukraine since the war began. I can't comprehend how challenging it must be, but thoughts are with you.

If the suspension is otherwise working as it should - could it be a poor connection or earth somewhere if it's generating a code when going over rough roads? Could be worth systematically going through all the connectors with some contact cleaner and making sure they are all secure? I guess more difficult to identify if it is a poor connection along one of the wires somewhere but might be worth trying the connectors first?

I hope you are doing ok in the current situation. I work with UGV, Ukrnafta, Ndigas etc and so have been speaking to many of my contacts in Ukraine since the war began. I can't comprehend how challenging it must be, but thoughts are with you.
Thank you for your support

Hello, what is your opinion, how long can I drive with the air suspension malfunction error, when the engine is restarted, the error disappears, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom