Programa lowering module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc55k

Car
Cls55
Evening folks, hoping someone can help confirm something to help me rule out an issue I have.

My battery appears to drop voltage over a period of a few days, I dont currently believe it to be the battery as it’s only 6 months old, but wondering if I have a bit of a parasitic battery drain from something somewhere in the car.

Now, I just noticed the other day that the screen on my Programa lowering module appears to be lit all the time when the car is switched off and we’re talking 24 hours later, rather than 10 seconds later. I wondering if anyone who also has a Programa V2 (I believe the renntech module is near identical) to see if theirs does the same?

I feel a bit daft having never noticed before, but to be honest I’ve never had to care about whether it was an issue or not lol

or, if you have ever encountered a similar gradual loss of voltage over a fairly short interval, what the issue was.

Hope you can help, thanks, Neil

Just in case any one encounters a similar issue, this was traced to a faulty comfort relay and causing certain functions not to power down properly, the lowering module being one. I reckon this was going on for a long time but pre lockdown I was driving the car daily and was going un noticed, it’s only when the car was sitting idle for several days to a week that it started causing issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom