• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Purchased c250d amg - check engine light

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Amazing response and advice.

I'll call them regarding rejection today as it seems faults were already logged according to mercland so fault there.

Potential 6 month wait for parys in some cases!

I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Amazing response and advice.

I'll call them regarding rejection today as it seems faults were already logged according to mercland so fault there.

Potential 6 month wait for parys in some cases!

I'll let you know how it goes

Any fault within the First 6 months is assumed to have been present at the time of sale, unless the seller can prove otherwise.

Good luck.

But if one has acquired a top spec mb that they don't want to give up then it would make sense to sort the ad blue issue with a simple delete.. I myself gutted the dpf as soon as i purchased a c207 e350cdi few years ago.. it then got written off with no issue with insurance pay out.

Brave man. And bye-bye warranty....

A lot of Ad blu problems come from buying and using Ad blu which is stored incorrectly or out of date. Ad blu has a 12month shelf life, If you buy it within1-2 months of its expiry date, expect problems. It has to be stored out of direct sunlight and at no more than 25degrees c. Where is most ad blu, on petrol stations in direct sunlight. All this is on the ad blu label in the small print, but who ever checks?

If the ad blu smells of amonia its gone bad, if it smells of nothing its fine. You can also see crystals around the top of the bottle lid if its gone bad.

I dont know if this is in any way related to the nox sensor problems, but its something worth noting for the future. :)

A mate of mine runs 3 teams driving 3 Diesel vans that he actually buys and as a result wants them taken good care of .

He buys all the AdBlue and keeps in in his garage , the drivers all live local and are under instruction to pop round any time and get Adblue from him so that he can manage the quality of it.

He used to suffer all sorts of AdBlue related problems on his earlier vans before he started doing this , mainly (he say's) because his blokes used to just bang any old adblue in , even from old half empty containers that have been hanging around on site or in the back of other blokes vans for ages.

Hi all.

Just an update, hilton have asked if I'll swap for another car but understand if nothing there for me. So without saying it, looks like it could be a refund.

A little gutted my foray into MB has been so short but as much as I loved the car, just don't wanna risk the nox issue.

Thanks for all your help much appreciated, everyone was really helpful.

If you have any car suggestions, please let me know, although could be back to a beemer diesel by sounds of it due to mileage/reliability needs.

You will face the same sort of issues with any modern adblue equipped diesel car. Better to buy either an older diesel or a modern petrol or EV if you need a caz compliant car.

Hi all.

Just an update, hilton have asked if I'll swap for another car but understand if nothing there for me. So without saying it, looks like it could be a refund.

A little gutted my foray into MB has been so short but as much as I loved the car, just don't wanna risk the nox issue.

If you have any car suggestions, please let me know, although could be back to a beemer diesel by sounds of it due to mileage/reliability needs.
You can not rely on phone calls; what has been agreed needs to be written down and sent to the dealer and ask for his written confirmation. Make sure it is 100% unambiguous.

Hi all.

And just to add - you already have the potential beginnings of a misunderstanding - the dealer means you go and swap for another car but understand if nothing there for me = you keep the MB.
You are going to have to man up / grow a pair and realise that the dealer that you bought from is unlikely to be fair with you - I say that because any dealer that tries to hide behind a one month warranty and 100 mile limit is not acting within the law. They will also be P***** about getting the car back because not only does it need repair but it has one more owner in the history. My bet is that you are going to have to battle for your money.

Hi all.

As mentioned modern diesel's would suffer from these issues. BMW's also have issues with the adblue system on their modern cars anything 2016 and later

Petrol is your best bet in all honesty

why are you not just taking it straight back to the garage you bought it from?
I did. Full refund, scary thing is hilton garage have relisted this week, obviously not fixed and turning EML light off looking at the stored codes I saw when happened to me

I did. Full refund, scary thing is hilton garage have relisted this week, obviously not fixed and turning EML light off looking at the stored codes I saw when happened to me
Well done - you have done well to get a refund quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom