R129 1995 SL320 keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cost £182.00 + VAT - plus however much they sting me for programming it to my car. I guess prolly a minimum 1 hour labour charge so add ~£100.

Chris, it's a two minute job and should be included in the price. There's instructions here, but the video link has been hijacked according to my malware software.

I have a similar system.
I've had a spare blade cut and just use that, remote key stays at home in a drawer.
The remote operation is pretty crap anyway, it saves me from getting stuck if the alarm/immobiliser malfunctions, and the spare key takes up less space in my pocket.

Incidentally, all the immobiliser does is prevent the start relay (k38 I think) from energising, the same relay as the neutral safety switch. It takes a few seconds to bypass the connector under the bonnet. 😎

Reactions: 219
I know the MBSS is old tech, but was Thatcham 1 approved back in the day. I've heard conflicting stories as to whether they were factory fitted or optioned to be installed at the dealership, but I don't know how difficult it would be to remove.

On my facelift car MBSS was installed by Scorpion on arrival in the UK (note the requirement to have it serviced annually!):

MBSS.jpg

They are still around, so there's an outside chance they'd be able to advise on removal etc. if necessary:

On my facelift car MBSS was installed by Scorpion on arrival in the UK (note the requirement to have it serviced annually!):

View attachment 101853

They are still around, so there's an outside chance they'd be able to advise on removal etc. if necessary:

That's interesting, Bill. Weren't they in financial trouble about ten years or so ago? I had a 124 coupé with a Scorpion branded system that I couldn't get remotes for. I think they are under different management now, but well worth a call.

They went bust in about 2005, and the name was resurrected some time later. Whether the "new" company will be willing (or indeed able) to support the older systems I don't know.

Question!, I've just purchased a c class 2017 250cdi and it only came with one key. I've checked with the my nearest dealer and it will cost circa £400 to get a new one and they need the car for and hour to reprogramme it.
Are there options to get it done outwith the dealers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom