R129 Door sill leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tattmaylor

Car
A207 E220d
Quick question, whenever I wash the car (or when it rains) there seems to be a lot of water sitting on the door sill on the passenger side. There’s also a scratch at the same point where the water sits. The rubber seal along the bottom of the door is also pretty saturated. Could this just mean a new rubber seal?
Thanks

Attachments

• 85B3B243-02BE-44B4-ABBB-B1C39CB51ECF.jpeg
    85B3B243-02BE-44B4-ABBB-B1C39CB51ECF.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 9
That doesn't look too serious but that's a nasty dent, needs repair if you want the seal to sit properly.

Yeah, it doesn’t actually get into the car, just more annoying to look at than anything.

I should’ve posted this as a general maintenance thread, as I was going round the car yesterday looking at little niggles that could do with sorting.
I’ve got a stone chip on the bonnet 🤦🏽‍♂️ Which has started to rust. Chips away didn’t want to touch it. I do have a small pot of touch up paint and also a spray can of Mystic Blue.
The chip is about half a cm but I’d rather it didn’t get any worse tbh. Will a bit of touching up do the job for the short/medium (1yr) term do we think? Would there need to be any sanding involved?

Attachments

• 5E64E5FF-4F82-4A50-BE04-4CCA15CF3A96.jpeg
    5E64E5FF-4F82-4A50-BE04-4CCA15CF3A96.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2
Filling that in carefully with a touch-up nib (maybe a couple of applications to build it up level) would stop it rusting and look better. I've seen videos using polish and a cloth wrapped round the edge of an old credit card to cut the surface back but never been brave enough to try this myself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom