[SOLVED] Radio reset?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by DRBC43AMG, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DRBC43AMG

DRBC43AMG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Switzerland, Sion (VS), the canton of mountains, w
    Car:
    99' C43 AMG "T Rex", 00' Renault Twingo1, Ultima Sports Can-Am
    My MY 99' w202 c43 radio unit is playing tricks recently. I can listen to pre-set radios but can't modify the tuning to other stations. Also when listening to a CD, I can't change/switch over to the radio.

I have checked the instruction booklet with no success. I am wondering if there is a way to do a reset of the unit. Would disconnecting the battery for a while do the trick perhaps?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. OP
    OP
    DRBC43AMG

Car:
    Update

I disconnected the battery for a while this afternoon, then reconnected and reprogrammed the electric windows and sun roof. Passed onto the radio code so as to unblock the unit. Impossible to confirm the first of the 5 numbers and move on to the second and other numbers.

I guess the unit has died and I need to replace with something a bit more modern. Anybody with a brilliant idea?

3. OP
    OP
    DRBC43AMG

Car:
    As the stereo unit is dead, I have looked around and came across a Mercedes Becker 4716 Audio 30 APS unit. I believe these were fitted on later MY cars.

Can anybody recommend this unit? It would be plugged in with the Bose speakers my C43 already has. I'm not interested in the navigation aspects of the unit but more on the quality in sound for the CD player and radio.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
Tags: