Radio wiring.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wassap

Hi guys, ive recently bought a W210 facelift, with an aftermarket radio, now personally i prefer the OEM look for a car of this ilk, so what i would like to know is what the standard plug type is so i can go and find one at a breakers, and is the wiring the same on the pre and post facelift models?

Cheers.

The standard plug should still be in the car unless someone chopped all the wires to fit the aftermarket one in.

Its an iso plug from what i can tell, is the std plug an iso or a merc specific one?

You might find some one has used one of the many commercial wiring adaptor mini looms to connect up. If you remove that you should be back to factory spec. However there may be other complications if the previous owner has had different speakers/amplifiers/ multi cd player fitted which are not part of the factory wiring so tread carefully!.:eek: Some of the basic spec merc HEAD UNITS weren't that great to be honest.:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the only reason why i wanted the OEM unit was that i wanted to keep the steering control functionality (i assume?)

you may find that adapters are available to control most high end radios from the steering wheel controls

Oh yeah i forgot about them, I got for my ST a while back.Ive seen the Audio 10'S go on ebay for £70-£80 and to be fair, they just arent worth that, so i may just go for a nice blaupunkt or base alpine.

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom