• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Random coolant temperature Picture on multi-function display

Tech2Zero

Car
CLS350 CGI
Hi All,

2009 CLS 350 CGI - I'm seeing a picture of the coolant temperature on the multi-display every now and then. It comes on and goes off seemingly at random, sometimes it'll stay on till the end of the journey. No warning lamps come on, just a 'message' with no text, showing the picture. I don't believe its ever appeared whilst actually sat in traffic on a hot day. The temp gauge doesn't moved beyond its normal range. I can confirm that the rad fans are functioning because I can hear them when I stop engine on the driveway. The climate control works fine and makes no difference whether the aircon is on or off. The ambient temp is always correct (relatively).
Like I said, it seems random because I could be coasting down the M27 at 60mph for about 45 mins and it'll suddenly appear, sometimes for 10 seconds, sometimes longer.

I was going to replace the coolant temp sensor located at the back of the engine, but I'm not convinced that's the problem, because the engine has never overheated or shown warning signs to that effect. But, for the sake of £12 I might just do it anyway...

The CLS manual is useless for things like this. Can anyone shed some light? Are there other coolant sensors elsewhere on this car? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom